litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Sorned

Daveb99

Cheers for all the replies............much as I'd like to drive it through the winter for those occasional crisp days, we live in a fairly rural area and the roads are usually covered in mud / slime / you name it at this time of year.

Only last week (just before SORN kicked in!) I had to dive off to the left, into a load of shyte at the side of a narrow back road, because of some incredibly considerate driving by a total armpit coming the other way (basically a 4x4, who refused to slow down or pull over mad.gif ).  No damage fortunately.

I love winter blasts, I bought two of my three S1's in the middle of winter and the drive home was awesome (and it was definitely quicker than usual last week, cold air and all that!) but it just isn't worth it round here..

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do look out on crisp clear mornings and wish I still had tax on mine, but like Dave, country roads covered in muck do not appeal.  (Besides, several months of not driving her resets my 'want more power' hunger... generally that kicks in about August.)  

Elsie is on her charger, but awaiting a good clean and polish from her final drive on November 1st, then the cover goes on.  This is the first year I haven't planned any winter refurb projects!

I also live in a very rural location and am blighted by similarly (unlawfully) muddy roads. I'm just having the Scirocco detailed, so getting it back home might be a drawn out process....

• 2 weeks later...

Well, having read the Muzza thread, I certainly don't qualify as an OCD type at the moment. The S160 is hooked up to the battery conditioner, SORNed, but covered in fine sawdust and other lovely particles.......I've been designing, making and fitting an under stairs cupboard for a while now and the damned stuff has got everywhere!

On a serious note - can anyone recommend what pressures to inflate the tyres to, to prevent flat spots? Hoping to get it all sorted (minor OCD treatment too, you never know) this weekend.

Archived