Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Dj Wilmas T Series 111S S2 400Bhp Ish

DJWilma

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Car is now road legal !

Now to sort out lack of electricity and oil leak......exhaust manifold maybe leaking as well ffs

Then get it sprayed, then uprated links and geo

Then actually drive it !!!

Elise_MOT.jpg

Quick update, the alternator belt was on and the connections tight so assumed it was the alternator gone / fubarred

Luckily i have an inspection hatch behind the drivers seat so i had a quick look and managed to get the alternator out, little worried it has no heat shield so will place one on it when back on.

Took it to local alternator checking place (technical term of course) and they span it up and deemed it a working alternator !!!! A little confused they suggested i could of dropped it / rolled about the car and the bushes maybe connecting. I hope so, so i asked them to refurb as i have no idea what alternator it is.

20130731_112346.jpg

Once the alternator was off i went in search of the oil leak, so off came the rear clam, and found the exhaust manifold was leaking :(

This is the second one to go so the flange (he he) cant be straight so it will have to come off and be skimmed.......I did tweak the bolts and it has made it better. Oil leak though, seems to be the cam carrier so will have to take off the rocker cover and tweak the bolts. I have a ported and polished head with some wilder cams to go in so may just do it all at the same time but this will be after the Geo and Spray job.....

20130731_142140.jpg

Bought some upgraded Toe links from Elise Parts too, thought as the geo will be done in the next few weeks i might as well upgrade them.....plus the plan is to get some ZZR's and do some track days

So its not the altenator, although it did have a leaking diode, put it on and 11.8Vs

So we did the unthinkable and checked the main alternator fuse, and as per the pic below, it was blown.

So we change the fuse and bingo, 12.8v's, then bang fuse popped again. Looks like i have a short circuit and as i hate electronics i have to wait for a man to do it.......arrgghhh

Anyhow the rear clam is being sanded down, primered and should be sprayed by the end of next week.......which i have been saying for about a year so fingers crossed

20130802_145352.jpg

• 1 month later...

Finally things have started to move on the body work, been a nightmare as friend who is spraying (and has been paid to do it, silly school boy error) has been off work for a while with various problems.

But its now promised to be done in the next few days

I have a few electrical issues to sort too, central locking has stopped working, battery is now discharging when ignition is off and also a few mechanical ones

Think as the car is being stop started a lot, the plugs have fouled up as its running on 3 cylinders, and the exhaust manifold is leaking for the second time so i think it was bent when welded and needs to come off. Luckily i have the mechanical cams and ported head to go on so will have to do that sooner than expected.

Just want it finished now so i can enjoy the british summer........doh

130920131013.jpg
130920131014.jpg
130920131011.jpg
130920131012.jpg
130920131010.jpg

Put some base coats on the clams, rear looks lovely in matt colour but the front reacted badly to the paint, which is why it was crazy paved before. Car will be painted original Starlight Black

bit of a bugger but at least it coming on now ;)

19092013.jpg

Woo hoo starting to get somewhere paint is on clams....car will be done next week

Was tempted by the matt colour but its shiney with laquer

bad news is I now have an oil leak from the cam cover arrrgghh

20130927_135823.jpg20130927_134117.jpg

20130927_135750.jpg

20130927_135809.jpg

20130927_135816.jpg

20130927_134117.jpg

Keep going keep going...... Lucky you know where you're oil leak's coming from, I have no idea!

Its that bad it didnt take long to find ;)

Got the clams on the car today ready for flatting and polish
Still have the doors, roof and inspection pods to spray shouldnt be long (sure i have said this before)
20130928_121353.jpg
20130928_121359.jpg
20130928_121415.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well the good news is.........

Its on my drive, tucked up nicely in its new pyjamas ;)

Drove if home and it's geo is all over the place, the brembos rattle, the shocks are set too hard, suspension is too low, oil leak drops onto exhaust manifold which is leaking.........body work needs some flatting polishing and a few chips from fitting.

but its on my drive and third gear with foot to floor is a giggle exhaust sounds lovely too :)

Photo when it was light....its all together now

20131007_152044.jpg

Archived