litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Can't Read Either Eh..

Guest itsthejanitor

Guest itsthejanitor

Hello again and goodbye,

Judging by the replies to my posting this forum is not for me.

A pity because I wanted to be involved in a group that would embrace all examples of the marque and not be elitist...ooh.

Mr. Mac the Kidderminster enthusiast obviously has a big chip on his shoulder and cannot read either...

Regards...

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But you've not done yourself any favours, Mike.

Saying things like you want to see if its "all a bit sad" immediately puts people on the back foot. Not sure if you've ever heard of the saying "Trolling", but the way you made your entrance, it certainly crossed my mind, aswell as other peoples.

How about starting again, with something like...

"Hi, my names Mike, I drive an Elite and ...." then go on from there. How hard can it be?

And as for the Elise not being a "real" Lotus, again, not helping.

I think Matty's got it spot on. You have to admit you didn't exactly make the friendliest entrance to this site and to assume that we could all just be 'sad' without even getting to know us, causes conflict before you've even started!

And I've basically just repeated what Matty just said, just in different words :)

Basically Foley,

this geezer came on with a bad attitude saying that he'd observe for a while and see if it wasn't too sad for him - good start !

No one asks anyone to post on here. From just viewing you can see MLOC are a good bunch albeit being hogged by scottmac, beefcake mattyb and Kris :)

Really not bothered about what you drive but the general population have an appreciation focused on the elise - seeing esprits/eclats etc come on here is always refreshing as this is where the the elise gets its heritage from.

Im afraid owning a lotus doesnt stop some of them being trolls though.

it happens. im sure the world wont stop tho.

All models of Loti are welcome here :)

Have to agree that your first post wasnt the greatest opening line, maybe if you stick round you can introduce us to the merits of an older Lotus. Tis nice to have some of the older models about.

At the end of the day MLOC is what you make it, so its up to you Mike to make it whatever you want it to be. Everyone on this is a Lotus enthusiast even if we own a newer model than yourself.

Sounds like you got off on the wrong foot Mike, I always try to go into all new experiences with an open mind and not prejudge. I guess some of the forums you may have seen are full of what could be described as "sad", I'd be suprised if they were Lotus forums though. Prolly the S2000 lot.

We all enjoy our cars and enjoy seeing what everyone else drives. Lets kiss, make up and try again Mike

We must be doing well guys, we're upsetting people like they do on BCBBS & SELOC:)

Tis nice to have some of the older models about.

Are you having a pop at Dave again? I thought we got told off for that. :clap:

FWIW I quite like elites, and nearly bought a nice one a year or two back. Would like to get a +2 eventually as well, but will probably go for one of the spyder ones that Niall put me on to. Shame - nearly wasn't sad for a while there. Ho hum... :P

Well!

Sorry but most of the replys to the Janitor were quite respectfull considering what he had posted!

Really dont know what he was expecting from us? So he doesnt want to be involved with Lotus enthusiasts who actually drive there cars and get there hands dirty repairing them! What exactly did he want! :clap:

Oh well

Shame he wont tell us why we're all so below him that he doesnt want to get involved?

I'm a bit sad, so bugger off you old fluffer.

Everyone is so friendly and you got great responses from your initial if a little rude posting. It is obvious you would be welcomed, but ...

....rant over....

really, I don't understand people like this, I have never come across a group of more friendly and welcoming chaps, most of the posts are even useful (maybe not all Scotts.... :D )

I love u guys! :D

Archived