28th - 30th June 2024

Almost An Elise Owner! Advice Needed.

Red Devil

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought Fiona said don't tell us the price.  Ours was £22k last year  :P

Almost feinted when Stevie got his 135 for £17k

Oh well, if I'm going to lose loads in depreciation then I might as well rag the arse off it and get some mods.

Nice blue hurricane and a LOUD de-cat pipe will do for starters then an RS-160 upgrade...........

Whoops just spent the money for Fiona's new car.  I'm sure she won't mind

Where you getting the S2k for £4k from then....

An RS160 would be much more fun i reckon :( Very tempted by an Rs kit of some sort myself... the Word document on the website showing the full comparison makes it too easy!!!!! :D

An RS160 would be much more fun i reckon :P Very tempted by an Rs kit of some sort myself... the Word document on the website showing the full comparison makes it too easy!!!!! :(

Problem is you really reduce the amount of prospective people interested in the car when you come to sell it especially with the Toyota lump around the corner.

Interested in upgrading to a T350T or C in the next year or so. I would like to keep the Elise too but it depends how much money we have and if we ever decide to have kids (nah - may just get the TVR).

Fiona

Kristian,

9 points for what?  What's her reg number so I know to keep out her way!

Fiona

Keeps changing cars since she works for a manufacturer, hence lack of regard for them.

Even the dealers admit that the handling of the T350 isn't up to elise standards. I looked at one and they do look good, particularly the T, but services every 6k miles, and expensive. :drive: Put me off anyway.

Would still argue that they make some of the best looking cars on the road, and very quick 0-60, but it's not really about 0-60, is it? If I could have three cars one would probably be a TVR, but one sports car and one sensible car, I'll stick to the elise I think. :drive:

Almost feinted when Stevie got his 135 for £17k

£17 AND A HALF k! But I was very lucky. Scooped it up privately the day it appeared in Auto Trader... underpriced.

...and since I bent it on the roundabout it's only worth that now anyway! D'oh! :drive:

Would still argue that they make some of the best looking cars on the road, and very quick 0-60, but it's not really about 0-60, is it?  If I could have three cars one would probably be a TVR, but one sports car and one sensible car, I'll stick to the elise I think.  :clap:

Agreed there.. the friend in question does have a Subaru Impreza, Smart Car, Exige and the Tuscan S... so not really struggling for choice there :)

I think that the TVR T350 etc can bridge the gap between a sensible and sports car.... though i only have the one anyway, but i reckon I could happily have just a T350C.

For the moment, i'm happy though :)

Hmmmmn. Good selection there. Not sure about the smart car though. Never liked them. I nearly bought an impreza as my sensible car. Not quite sensible enough though according to the insurance companies... :clap:

Did friend-in-question ever get the other car he was looking at? The supercharged one....?

And they reckon that you need £150,000 to raise a kid. Hell, screw the TVR, you could have an Aston, Ferrari, Zonda....:clap:

Agreed there.. the friend in question does have a Subaru Impreza, Smart Car, Exige and the Tuscan S... so not really struggling for choice there :P

Heh heh - that list looks familiar. :P It wouldn't be Christine and Mark would it?

Fiona

Archived