litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Mloc Faq Wiki Released

Mark H

http://wiki.midlandslotus.co.uk

MLOC is quickly growing and lots of new members are joining every day. We have noticed that the same questions get asked over and over by the new joiners. Rather than reinventing the wheel by answering the

same questions repeatedly we have created the MLOC Frequently Asked Questions Wiki.

There is a lot of good technical knowledge on this site so we intend to use the answers to those questions and copy them into the Wiki for future reference.

It currently has very little information in the Wiki at the moment but the basic template is there.

Looking at it from the start it looks a massive job to populate, however the point of a Wiki is that everyone can contribute and edit the sections.

So if you see a question you have answered on the website and think it is good enough to be a reference for someone else in the future then copy and paste the question and answer into the Wiki and help us and future members out.

Here is a quick guide of how to edit the Wiki and add information.

Dont worry, you cant break anything as the Wiki supports rolling back of entries and keeps track of every change ever made and who it was made by.

We know there is a Lotus Elise FAQ on the web already and we will be linking to it, this is intended to be our own resource and as such we can tailor it how we want. The fact that it is also a Wiki and everyone can edit it should hopefully keep it more up to date than other guides.

Forum members require fifty posts before they have edit rights on the wiki.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No idea what your on about, if you make a relevant addition to the Wiki it would stay, if it had been a moderator or anyone else posting what you posted it would have equally have been removed. I have edited plenty of other members posts including the mods for inappropriate stuff.

Dont take everything so personal! Chombers posted something relevant and useful and it stopped on there as would yours if you had done the same.

I've put a lot of effort into this and the rest of the site Bob so for people to just post up random stuff ticks me off, I'm only trying to make it a useful resource for everyone. Its not like its my job and a I get paid for donating all of this time and effort.

I'm not after a Beefy "we love you" postings because I dont care what people think but I would appreciate people accepting that a lot of people on here put a lot of their own time and money into this site for the love of cars.

/end of rant

Dont take everything so personal! Chombers posted something relevant and useful and it stopped on there as would yours if you had done the same.

I’m glad what I put on could be of some use. I was looking for info the other week as my insurance was due, I didn’t want a start another insurance topic but the trouble is when you search for something like ‘insurance’ it brings up pages of results. The stuff I put on was copied from a post (by Sonya I think) which I found pretty useful as it listed a load of insurance companies to try. I think the Wiki should be a big help in these situations, it certainly makes it easier to find more relevant info.

Nice one Fi ;)

I did consider that but it would be alot of duplication. Although the same can be said for the Elise/Exige etc.

I have split some of the topics up like this one:

http://www.midlandslotus.co.uk/wiki/index.php/EliseWheels

You will see version generic/S1 and S2 sections. I guess we can see how it goes. Its easy enough to split up :blink:

Archived