litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Tyre Quandry - New Elise

Guido

On 20/04/2024 at 08:31, duncx said:

If you're not fixed on a later Cup then your money would be safe in something like this....

https://classifieds.seloc.org/ads/s240-pp/

That looks like a very nice car to me :)

I’ve already spotted this!! You’re right, it’s a peach of a car. The seats are a bit special too. Only issue is  it’s in the IOW so a bit of a logistical challenge!!

I’m starting to lean towards a V6 Exige again 🙄.

I went to see one on Monday which was a cracker but I’m not sure I’ll get the price down to where I want it!!  Never hurts to try though. 

Anyone heard of NEXEN tyres?  My spider senses are tingling and not in a good way!!!!

BTW I’m not thinking of fitting any but saw a car with a set fitted. First thought was they’d have to be changed!!!

Nexen are a ‘budget tyre’ - no doubt ‘aspirational’.  You see them heavily promoted at most tyre places. 

I was told at the Burton Pirelli centre,  the main thing will all tyres is as they age the compound’s chemical make up changes, more so when outside and exposed to uv etc.  You can have plenty of physical tread but in wet or cold conditions on summer spec tyres the grip is drastically reduced.  

We did of course question that - IE tyres are 7 years old with 5mm all round and you want to sell us new ones !  

I’ve personally experienced the difference on my normal car when I had to fit the full size spare tyre.  It was as new as never previously used but 15 years old, it was awful. 

Edited by Oakman