litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

MOT Garage recommendations (Shropshire)

PaulC

Afternoon all,

Newbie to the forum but not to Lotus ownership and soon to join MLOC.

I've invested heavily over the last 12 months in having work done to bring my 23-year old Elise up to scratch with the excellent PJS Sportscars.

My MOT is due in November and I cannot really afford to annually service my car this year (especially as my mileage is only around 1,000 miles per year. I'll probably service it with PJS when I've done 2-3,000 miles. In the meantime I cannot avoid an MOT and was wondering if anyone has decent garage recommendations just for an MOT but with experience of an Elise who will take care

I'm based around Telford TF11

TIA 

Paul 

123.jpg

Hi PaulC,

I also use PJS for maintenance, servicing and MOT’s. But to save the travel time I have had my Elise MOT’d at Shropshire Automotive Services, Shrewsbury SY3 5AL, for the last couple of years and they have looked after the car wel!!

Hi Paul, lovely car!

I know it’s a bit controversial but I took mine to Hardys on Stafford Park for the last 2 years. They have to follow a script which includes the dreaded emissions but the guy who does it is pretty fair. So far it’s past twice and that was using their MoT discount code (£28?).

The only warning would be to watch it like a hawk and make sure they know where the jacking points are. Again the guy was fine and was ok with me watching. I was a little worried when he drove it over the rollers but there was enough clearance. Could be an issue though if yours is lower?

Another option is Edgmond garage as that’s also good as I know someone who gets their S2 serviced and MoTed there. 

Good luck and maybe see you around Telford!

Cheers Julian

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/10/2023 at 14:29, PaulC said:

Afternoon all,

Newbie to the forum but not to Lotus ownership and soon to join MLOC.

I've invested heavily over the last 12 months in having work done to bring my 23-year old Elise up to scratch with the excellent PJS Sportscars.

My MOT is due in November and I cannot really afford to annually service my car this year (especially as my mileage is only around 1,000 miles per year. I'll probably service it with PJS when I've done 2-3,000 miles. In the meantime I cannot avoid an MOT and was wondering if anyone has decent garage recommendations just for an MOT but with experience of an Elise who will take care

I'm based around Telford TF11

TIA 

Paul 

123.jpg

Hi Paul, you have a great looking Elise. I am also in Telford. I collected my Emira 17 December. Just thinking, if you are interested, maybe owners in Shropshire could meet for a run out sometime. Not sure how to organise it on here though. Any ideas. Karl

• Like 1

On 25/10/2023 at 20:39, Karl said:

maybe owners in Shropshire could meet for a run out sometime. Not sure how to organise it on here though. Any ideas. Karl

We do meet up occasionally in the Summer, there’s a few of us in and around Shropshire. Any meet up’s tend to get posted in the events section on here but won’t be until Spring/Summer now.

• 1 month later...
On 28/10/2023 at 09:30, Jonathan E said:

We do meet up occasionally in the Summer, there’s a few of us in and around Shropshire. Any meet up’s tend to get posted in the events section on here but won’t be until Spring/Summer now.

Already looking foward to that one again Jonny, was a great route you set up! Not so keen on the water avalanche experience for my journey home........wow, car has only just dried out 😂

Another one here for Oakmere servicing:   https://www.oakmeremotorgroup.co.uk/lotus?make=lotus&range=&coin=&age=&odometer_value=&body_type=&fuel_type=&transmission=&doors=&colour=&min_price=&max_price=&page=&no_options=true&body_types=&seats=&search=&sort=price|desc&finance_term=&finance_deposit=&finance_mileage=&finance_deposit_type=Percentage&monthly_from=&monthly_to=&resultsPerPage=50&lifestyle=&mpg_range=&roadtax=&insurance=&status=ORDERED&tags=

• 1 month later...

When it comes to MOT’s you could always try the garage I take mine to Chris Walker over at Ultimate Vehicle Services. 
Very competent mechanic, very careful with customer vehicle as he himself is a major enthusiast I’ve used him plenty of times in the past for work on past cars, and present cars. 
My Lotus is definitely in safe hands with him. 

Mike