litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Dashcam

Badger02

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any of the Nextbase cameras will be good Badger.  Just pick one to suit your budget.  

I've located mine behind the rear view mirror  and run the wire round the window frame and in side the dash so I can't see it.

The obvious options for wiring are

Hang the wire down to the cigarette lighter.  

Take the dash out and use in line fuse for the stereo or other power source take power and install piggy back or in line fuse for the camera.

Third option is to wire from the main fuse box and follow the wiring loom through the bulkhead and into the dashboard/ passenger compartment...wherever it comes through on the s1.

Good luck 👍 

MrWill

I have a nextbase and I am happy with the quality of recording of the model that I have. Some dashcams use cloud storage but you may have to pay a fee for that service to your provider and there is a possibility that you are not in a good reception area.. I have the model that stores the recording on memory card in the dashcam. If I want to retrieve the recording I just connect the cam (or memory card) to my computer. The memory card I have has about 4 hours capacity. You can "mark" a recording as protected so that it doesn't get over-written. I use the suction cup mount so that it can be easily transferred between my two cars. I fitted my wiring so that it is tucked into the headlining, tucked into the screen pillar, tucked into the side of the dash and piggy-backed into the fuse box.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. Thanks for the feedback

Still haven't made my mind up, but was wondering if anyone uses a cam with built in rechargeable batteries to avoid having a wire to the cig lighter or to the USB post on my stereo or wired to the cars power supply ?

Archived