litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Potential new site for Caffeine & Machine

ianh26

Looks like C&M may be interested in setting up a Midlands location in Knockerdown near Ashbourne. 

This is purely based on speculation from their companies house pages and Internet gossip. 

Be good to have a similar site local as it's a long boring run down to the main site. 

There will be people for and against this and C&M in general... 

Screenshot_20220805-125624_Drive.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But there are some fabulous local roads when you get here (ahem - for locals in the know!).  Plus, the Lotus Advanced Technology Centre is here too, and is now running undisguised Emiras on those very same roads.  Suspect this is the final honing of the AMG four pot's ECU mapping and gearbox software (maybe).

Looks like they are also planning one in Hampshire. 

I live close to where the Ashbourne one will be set up. I have visited the Stratford place a couple of times and think they do a great job. However the driving standards from some of the visitors leaves a lot to be desired, anti-social and worrying lack of skill and awareness. C&M ask them not to drive like kn*bs but they do.  Given that Derbyshire is full of walkers, cyclists, horses, motorbikes and the site is next to a very popular reservoir and camp site, I predict some upset people.

11 hours ago, winthattt said:

Looks like they are also planning one in Hampshire. 

I live close to where the Ashbourne one will be set up. I have visited the Stratford place a couple of times and think they do a great job. However the driving standards from some of the visitors leaves a lot to be desired, anti-social and worrying lack of skill and awareness. C&M ask them not to drive like kn*bs but they do.  Given that Derbyshire is full of walkers, cyclists, horses, motorbikes and the site is next to a very popular reservoir and camp site, I predict some upset people.

Couldn’t agree more. I’m torn with the thoughts on this. I Cycle pass that location regularly but I’m not sure it’s the best spot for that type of venue. 

Archived