litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

S1 floor mats in S2?

Virgiltracy

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rubber/plastic floor mats or the carpet mats?  The floor pan is the same basic size, but some S2s came with a double-size passenger footrest which needs a special mat size.  There is also a version that has no footrest.  The S1 always has the single footrest.  The S2 carpets have fixings through the carpets - early S1 carpets are velcro'd down while the ones with the chassis corrosion kit are the same as the S2 with the female half of the fixing bonded to the floor.  The gear surround is a slightly different shape, but you can work with it.  The S2 mats and carpet are what you get if you buy now from Lotus for the S1.  So the answer is ... maybe.  Depending on which S1 mats they are.

8 hours ago, Lithopsian said:

Rubber/plastic floor mats or the carpet mats?  The floor pan is the same basic size, but some S2s came with a double-size passenger footrest which needs a special mat size.  There is also a version that has no footrest.  The S1 always has the single footrest.  The S2 carpets have fixings through the carpets - early S1 carpets are velcro'd down while the ones with the chassis corrosion kit are the same as the S2 with the female half of the fixing bonded to the floor.  The gear surround is a slightly different shape, but you can work with it.  The S2 mats and carpet are what you get if you buy now from Lotus for the S1.  So the answer is ... maybe.  Depending on which S1 mats they are.

thanks! My S2 has the double footrest and the mats offered are carpet, I think I’ll pass on them.

Archived