Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Project Leeloo - Elise S2 resurrection after 7 years

Virgiltracy

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, DeanB said:

My research suggested you need 3 bottles?

Agreed! I've got three, sorry i didn't mean a literal couple, that wouldn't be enough! I'm going to crack the filler bolt first so I know I can refill. Having a look at the bolts it's looking like the Sealey syringe will help get it in without too much fuss

42 minutes ago, Virgiltracy said:

Agreed! I've got three, sorry i didn't mean a literal couple, that wouldn't be enough! I'm going to crack the filler bolt first so I know I can refill. Having a look at the bolts it's looking like the Sealey syringe will help get it in without too much fuss

I hope you've been hitting the weights.  That filler bolt is always stuck, odd when it *should* be taken out at every service.

3 minutes ago, Lithopsian said:

I hope you've been hitting the weights.  That filler bolt is always stuck, odd when it *should* be taken out at every service.

I think I'll be fine... 85kg hobbyist bodybuilder over here! 

I think I did the right thing changing the alternator, it was charging the electrics fine but something was amiss…

The replacement was a remanufactured Bosch 0124225011 from CJF Rotating Electrics in Hednesford (near Lichfield) it was £80 outright (no surcharge or old alt swap).

I’ll take my old one to them when I’m next at the in laws and have it refurbished as a spare 

FBAF80E3-8FBE-4BA4-BE74-224F5DCC6DD7.thumb.jpeg.bb9febc03ae84c90d92595f00bd84f72.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of updates,

I have actually been able to drive Leeloo a bit, with the last few weekends being dry she has ventured out of the garage, rather than just being worked on. One trip was to Umberslade estate for a coffee, incidentally I think it would make a brilliant place for a meet - Just outside of Henley in Arden, secluded but with an enormous car park, good coffee and food.

bridge.thumb.jpg.d3d08b5bcb34c6a4ceaa9a26f6e22852.jpg

I've also changed a couple of bits, including the stock airbox for a BMC filter - just for a little induction noise really

induction.thumb.jpg.ad365649793a6d08107b1f12c12ee202.jpg

Changed the stock S2 wheel for a flat bottomed 320mm Sparco - Lotus horn push on route!

sparco.thumb.jpg.d2643df99844861908442df050b53eeb.jpg

And to appease the wife I adapted a cheap cupholder to fit the elise console -

cup.thumb.jpg.9d2f6e87adf02e0444db656981498c8f.jpg

cup2.thumb.jpg.d8f6e712660aadd53145d1656f594ac7.jpg

We've got a couple of trips booked and she wanted a coffee location, this is easily removable as it uses the side torx screw for mounting as well as a little double sided tape.

Finally changed the faded replica badge for a decal from Dan @ Divinehandicraft - I'll get a proper badge once the bodywork is sorted.

I was booked in with Dan at HPE auto yesterday for geo and corner weighting, but when i got in the car at 6:45am... nothing! She wouldn't start.

No cranking attempt and the fuel pump wouldn't prime either, after 30 minutes of trying different button pushing, disconnecting the battery and pushing the car out of the garage in case of radio interference, I decided it was the immobiliser at fault.

I have no idea why it's decided to die now, when it could have over the last seven years of being sat, but two bits of wire and some snipped off spade connectors and she ran again: bridging.thumb.jpg.1059207ee287f616f748adb70eacb159.jpg#

Eliseparts immobiliser plug arriving tomorrow as a more permanent solution.

badge.jpg

4 minutes ago, Lithopsian said:

Maybe I'm seeing it wrong.  It looks transparent in the photo, which really would be odd!

Ah, no not transparent, I think it was just a cheap replica badge which had a silver base, unfortunately seven years in the elements caused the yellow to fade away

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/09/2022 at 11:30, VTECMatt said:

Think I remember this car at a Bedford trackday in 2003, I had an identical one that I picked up on the same day. Was an older guy, glasses. Wonder if that was your Dad.

Would've been nice! but afraid dad never took Leeloo to the track, so must've been another chap

Archived