litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Clam off, some serious shopping to be done!

Gazlar53

You know when you wish you hadn't bothered starting something.....

Anyway, got the front clam off on the weekend with the view to freshening up a few bits and pieces. Turns out more needs replacing than I anticipated. Then it's a case of oh well, if I replace this then I might as well replace that....

I'm just getting a list together and could do with a steer on a couple of things if anyone can help / advise please?

Nose badge. Seems to be an eye watering £116 generally. Has anyone tried these? Looks a bit orange in the picture but I think that's just the lighting. Any thoughts?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LOTUS-YELLOW-GREEN-BONNET-NOSE-BADGE-REPLICA-ENAMEL-LATE-CORRECT-FONT-8C2/260806938781?hash=item3cb94e109d:g:ifIAAOxy43FRZXs0

Headlights. Seem to have a massive hole in mine due to the wheel arch grommet not being present and water has got at it. Research tells me Valeo 460118 are direct replacement. I've found some but does anyone know a good place to get them from?

Cleaning the chassis. What's the most effective way to clean up the general dirt and grime on the chassis?

My things to replace / sort list (in addition to the above) currently looks like this

- New ARB bushes / ARB refurb

- Suspension bushes / Wishbone refresh

- Braided Brake lines

- Replacement brake line on chassis (seems to be corroded?!)

- Replacement driving light brackets + tow post

- Alloy Radiator + Fan

Any advice / moral support :-)  on anything (related to the above!) would be good  

Many thanks,

Gareth 

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would clean off the dirt and grime with hot soapy water and take it from there to start with. Spray all the suspension pick up points with corrosion block before re assembly. Remove the ball joints and bushes and get the wishbones shot blasted and re plated. Paint with clear POR 15 after would be my plan. Plenty of local firms will do the blasting and re plating. If you need the ball joint tools i have one you can use?

Archived