litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

The Magic Of Litp

Daveb99

I'm currently enjoying a couple of weeks off work and today decided to take the family to the Peak District. Let's just say that my choice of where to go was somewhat influenced by LitP....

I found myself magnetically drawn to the roads used on the LitP run (Ashbourne) which I enjoyed immensely this year. We started with coffee & cake at Hassop station where I bored the family with things like "and the car park is totally packed with Lotuses" and other fascinating tales like how long the queue for breakfast was this year (they were enthralled naturally).

We drove up to the Hope valley, and up Winnats Pass, I was pointing out the landmarks that Dean was showing me during the run....

Then managed a nice walk up Mam Tor, absolutely stunning panoramic views from Edale to Kinder and Castleton, only to find a rather nice example of automotive excellence in our way back (see photo). Finished off with pub lunch in Edale and a stroll around Bakewell.

All in all a superb day and in no small part due to the influence of LitP!

8781c566f60e9c738a3b7b2442655679.jpg8c366b9301a928ae899e5f6bf6999324.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dave, you've posted images of someone's cool as ***k Aston Martin, where's the clean as ***k 160?

Hehe wish it was that clean, it's still got it's LitP 'layer' on it in the garage.

The Aston was stunning - a DB11. Two young lads were in it, apparently doing an article for a website. Lucky buggers. Heard it being driven in mild anger up & down the road too - sublime :)

Dave, shivering mountain they call it, shale... Very unstable, you can see the road that used to snake up the hill which was an alternative road to Winnats. It kept slipping down the hill and being repaired constantly, so eventually they gave up repairing it.

You can still see sections of road, slipping down the hill over time, looking like earthquake damage.

Dave, shivering mountain they call it, shale... Very unstable, you can see the road that used to snake up the hill which was an alternative road to Winnats. It kept slipping down the hill and being repaired constantly, so eventually they gave up repairing it.

You can still see sections of road, slipping down the hill over time, looking like earthquake damage.

Hi Dave, yep we walked on parts of the 'old' road on the way back, it was definitely beyond a resurfacing job!

Archived