litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Red Lining

StormS2

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just changed my S1 for a S2111s. I owned a 111r previous to the S1 and in all honesty in my opinion the performance difference between the three is nothing to write home about.

The reason I've gone back to a S2111s having also owned one previously is due to two things, one it's a little easier to live with regards roof and sills etc and two the mid range is about as good as it gets from an Elise..... without going into supercharged and VHPD 's

My Elise's are mainly driven on the roads of Wales for fun and the 111s is perfect in standard guise for this. I think the gearbox on the 111s consists of a shorter 1st and 2nd but longer third. The S2111s will redline in second at 67mph but will pull in third to well over 100mph. Although I am certainly no expert and bow down to superior knowledge. The S2111s is perfect for my requirements but not everyone's, and of course I'm not a fan of the toytas particularly but it's all down to the person.

Archived