litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

New Elise Owner - Questions

Integra99

Hi,

Finally after a few years of wanting one I have picked up my S1 Elise.

Couple of things I would like help with please.

1. I have a decat pipe given to me from the owner, cat is currently fitted for its MOT prior to sale! I am keen to put on but does this make much noticeable difference??

2. It has a K&N induction kit... seen some posts about this. It has a intake pipe coming from side vent but sounds like this may still not be a great solution as I imagine its getting much warm air. So whats the Induction Kit to get? Where and how much?

3. Where can I buy acc. such as carpeted mats, clear indicators?

4. Finally saw that Horizon have very competitive servicing rates is their a link to their website as keen to get it in for a check up.

Sorry for all the questions as I am sure many have been asked before.. but any help would much be appreciated...

Cheers Simon

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it is not the VVC engine the de-cat pipe gives you about an extra 3 bhp...if a VVC engine you will lose about 1 bhp if you put it on! It makes the car louder which most of us like!

Most people like a new airbox on the car...others say they are a waste of money.

You will be better off putting the original back on if you have a cr*ppy open air filter on the car...just sucks hot air in from the engine bay! A nice upgrade is the Hurricane at about £150 to £200 for the carbon fibre one...or the ITG which i have which is £350. I like mine but if you are being careful with the money Hurricane seems good! Nicer noise with ITG or Hurricane and mean't to add up to 8 bhp for the ITG...lots of people say a load of old b*ll*cks though?!

Horizon have a very good name and there is PTP in Coventry...ptp-ltd.co.uk

Bits and bobs are at Eliseparts.com and Ebay...some good deals to be had on Ebay!

Apart from that drive carefully at first...don't take your right foot off around fast corners unless you like hospital food!

Hope you enjoy the new toy!!!!

:)

Simon is it a standard Elise or 111s ? It makes a difference with the decat in my opinion. Regarding Horizon. Type Horizon Motorsport into Google and all will be revealed  :)

Or check the links section above, they are all in there :clap:

Thanks guys, its the std elise 1.8 so looks like the cat will be coming off then!!

I think I will be off to get a Hurricane air filter too!!

As for driving carefully yes they are quite lively so am giving lots of respect at the moment... great day in it today though with roof down.

Archived