litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Bl**dy Driving Lights!

Mac1967

Ok folks, here's the situation. It's Sunday (which is bad enough because it's too close to Monday!! I get up early to do the decorating so I can get finished for 11.30 to wire up my driving lights.

The owner before me retro fitted driving lights but didn't wire them up...so I thought I could sort it!!!

I phoned Sinclaires to get some advice and a nice chap said to take the wheel liners out and I should find an unused plug on either side along the loom (as the cars are fitted with the plugs from the factory). So I bl**dy struggle with the wheel liners and guess what...No F*cking Plugs...AAHHHH! (excuse my language). So please, for the love of god and my sanity, is there anyone out there who has had any experience wiring these little buggers up and where are the plugs??

I thought this job would be straight forward...guess not. I would really appreciate any help from anyone who has retro fitted or come across this problem.

Thanks folks.

Regards,

Mac :lol:

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was under the impression that if they didn't have them originally, none of the wiring would be present (therefore no plugs).

Think you'd have to wire it all up from source.  :lol:

Not sure about the S2.

Certainly the S1 had wiring for such options as audio and driving lights pre-installed. The dealers could then charge and arm and a leg to "fit" these options...

Audio fitting kit was optional on the base model (i.e. no wiring to back of stereo). Thought it was the same with the driving lights.

To be honest, the driving lights were a waste of time anyway. Only time used was down pitch black country roads (at night) when full beam would have been fine.

PS

They'll only get smashed by stones anyway :lol:

[there are normally wires down there .It would have been to much for lotus to have different looms made ,they are normally behind the little grills on the front clam but its easier to get to them from the back of the clam ie behind the wheel arch liners ,but if you take the head lamp covers off with the 3 screw style nuts and join into the high beam side of the light s and bingo spots working 20 mins job

Apparently when I phoned Sinclaires, a chap there said that all cars off production were fitted with these plugs incase driving lights were fitted later? although I had no luck finding them?

Sinclaires said they would do it for £30, but the're not exactly next door!

I've had the front grill off and the wheel liners out and wheels off but to no avail. I have spoken to Sinclaires again this morning and they insist the plugs are there (very friendly chaps at Sinclaires). They did suggest however I may need to take the undretray off to find the plugs....Geeeeez!

Which brings me to another thing. Can anyone talk me through removing the front undertray on my S2 please so I don't screw that up as well.

Any advice greatly received.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Mac :P:D

Archived