litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Elise S1 Sport 160 Exhaust Problems

Chief

Hi All

I’ve had my Elise Sport 160 for 6 years now and last the year i had a Larini exhaust fitted because the old standard (Janspeed) exhaust had broken.

I decided to fit a Larini exhaust because i heard that they are one of the best exhaust systems for the Elise.

Last week i decided to repaint the rear grilles (next to the exhaust) and noticed that the exhaust has burn the rear shell where the rear light and fog lights are. sad.gif (Not happy)

Could anybody help me or give me any tips? Or has anybody had this problem before?

Many Thanks

Paul

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice car!

I've been running a Larini exhaust on mine for years, including a few trackdays with no paint blistering problems. I presume the tail pipes are central within the clam and not too close to one side? Could you post a photo or two?

Have you checked the heat shields and positions?

I saw that on track, the guy used to drive the car around, got the exhaust changed and decided to start trackday activities. Within 2 sessions, the paintwork was bubbling and it smelt burnt fiber... We had a look and the heatshield had come off, got damaged a the fiber was getting burnt...

Archived