litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Where To Noise Test Near Birmingham ?

Snapper

Anyone know where I can get My S2 Exige Noise tested near Birmingham ?

I would like to find out how load it is because I have a Stage 2 Sports Exhaust and an ITG induction kit on it.

This way I will know what trackdays I could go on and what I can't to avoid disapointment.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone know where I can get My S2 Exige Noise tested near Birmingham ?

I would like to find out how load it is because I have a Stage 2 Sports Exhaust and an ITG induction kit on it.

This way I will know what trackdays I could go on and what I can't to avoid disapointment.

when I looked into this I ended up hiring a meter from Book-a-track. cant remeber how much probably 10-15 quid, that including return postage. Only problem is you obviously will struggle with the drive past levels ,unless you get a mate to stand with the meter while you drive past full chat.

Steve

Horizon did it for me on Friday.  94db - what a relief.

How did they test it? I assume static at 5k RPM and a couple of meters away side on?. I ask because my S1Exige with sports exhaust was aproblem on track days and I know it was in excess of 98db. I might go to Horizon and get them to check my S2 sounds like a good idea.

Cheers

Steve

1.5 meters away, at 4.5k revs.  Comfortabley under 98dB so not too worried about a couple of dB accuracy.

Steve/Fiona

You'll be lucky to get away with only 4500rpm at a trackday noise test! Normally it's 75% max revs, & your new beastie revs to 7900!

However, most testers don't know the Exige's max revs, & more often than not just ask you to run at 5250rpm (ie they assume a max of 7000rpm). You'll have to be careful going past the driveby meters too (eg Donington), & in future driveby testing will become the norm.

I don't remember whether or not your car is de-catted, if it is you would be best refitting it before a trackday, or replacing it with a silenced de-cat pipe (I use one supplied by Eliseparts). The silenced de-cat jobbie, knocks about 4db off.

Fingers crossed, & good luck.

You also have to remember that the db level changes in different air temp's. Hot and cold days can change the db level by a couple of db

Along the same lines what is the formula for db doesn't the noise level double for every db at a certain point?. something like that anyway it's certainly not linear.

I think we need a boffin :)

just ask someone on exiges who has the same setup - someone must have.

afaik the stage 2 struggles to get under 98 - so with an induction kit on id doubt you would be at all - mr g got pulled at donnington cos of his hurricane.

as most trackdays are either <98 or the higher level of 105/6 the i think you can just assume that you can't do the <98's but can do the rest ??

1.5 meters away, at 4.5k revs.  Comfortabley under 98dB so not too worried about a couple of dB accuracy.

As Peskey says the revs are too low, also the meter is too far away, it's usually done at 0.5m, 45degrees.

A straight through Cat-pipe will mean the car is too loud for a number of tracks in the UK.

94 doesn't sound right. Like Peters, mine was probably just under for donny with 4:2:1, Supersports, Hurricane and SILENCED de-cat. With the straight through de-cat that you heard in Le Mans I was told that was near to 110 db !! :unsure:

damn...that was too loud tho !!

Archived