litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Where To Noise Test Near Birmingham ?

Snapper

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I had the VHPD with Janspeed Supersports exhaust & de-cat pipe, it was regularly tested (Oulton) at about 106db, static @ 5250 rpm, & only just managed to be allowed on track. That's why I went for the silenced de-cat pipe.

With the Honda engine, Edwards silencer & silenced de-cat, I only read 96db at 5250rpm at Oulton. Not sure what the reading is at full chat at 8600rpm though :unsure:

Had a very nice chat with the noise officer at Donnington park today and they said that as long as I give them some notice they will noise test my Exige..

After talking to them about my cars spec (S2 Exige + Stage 2 Sports Exhaust + ITG) from experience he recons my car will be running at 103db :blush::P

The good news is that they have some 104db track days so that I can go along to one of them ;)

The good news is that they have some 104db track days so that I can go along to one of them :blush:

Ah, but the bad news is that Donny's "noisy days" cost about 30% more than the quiet days - supply & demand & all that :P

£250 the last one I did ,with a new pair of rears ,fuel and an extra 40 quid on insuarance that'll be £500 ish thankyou sir for a day on track. That said it won't stop me doing it again.

Steve

Archived