litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Non-Hgf, Non-Diy, Hijack Avoidance Thread

lummo

All, please keep threads on topic, I'm not interested in slanging matches or abuse on MLOC, there is a private messenger on here for personal messaging if you have a problem or contact a moderator.

I trust my post above was entirely on topic and a reasoned reply to the post above?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Now now Stevie, calm down! :)

I'm well aware of Simon's 'reputation'. I have read his "King-k" article (on the Sands Museum site), and numerous of the threads on which he has posted. I've always found his technical postings to be informative & thought-provoking. Whether I follow his advice (or anyone else's) is up to me, but everything he's said so far seems logical & reasoned.

Simon- thanks for the answer regarding the rad, that does make sense. If the PRT & the rad were at the same end of the car it would be a no-brainer to whip off the clam & replace both. As they are at opposite ends I'll need to give it some more thought.

Jon - glad your car is (finally) back in one piece & running well. I would be interested in more detail (like costs) please, I'll send you a PM. Mind you, I'm hoping that as my car is currently running fine I'll not need to go down your route!

Thanks to everyone else too - all good information as usual :)

I'd strongly recommend an ally rad - but phone proalloy and get them to put two bleeds in the end caps, they will do that no problem, then you have that issue sorted once and for all.

Archived