litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

More From Donny... But Only Bad Stuff Mostly :s

Iceman_Jay

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate it when other people's egos get in the way of mine! Especially if mine is bigger than theirs! :D

My wife had a GT2 overtake her on the outside of the corner after that Ferrari came past you. Scared the hell of her, and me. That guys driving was really bad that day and he didn't even get flagged - eventually so many people complained they just moved him to a different session.

I hate it when other people's egos get in the way of mine! Especially if mine is bigger than theirs! :D

My wife had a GT2 overtake her on the outside of the corner after that Ferrari came past you. Scared the hell of her, and me. That guys driving was really bad that day and he didn't even get flagged - eventually so many people complained they just moved him to a different session.

Was that the white 911? I watched that one going round but never encountered it on track, as for the ferrari, the overtake was enevitable but I was first in lets say the queue to be let past the green yellow striped car just playing by track day rules of not overtaking until they indicate, lift off slightly and move over, tbh both cars were appalling that elise held me and many others up numerous times before finally moving over, that mini was exactly the same only worse cos he was maxing the car out and thought he was in a race, then there was that green elan who got booted off for doing somthing, never knew you were there Jon, whats your cars reg? I'll see if I have any footage.

The point is expressly made in the briefing that if there are any problems on the day to go and see the organisers instead of waiting until after the event and moaning about it on the forums when it is too late to do anything.

Did you report the drivers whose behaviour you considered wrong? Pete, Jo and Nik were all there and a quick word with them or any of the instructors would have sorted any problems out for you and others there and then.

Look im not gonna argue with you TheRon, but points like you only overtake in certain areas with consent and you let faster cars by are also made in the briefing, not that anyone there listens to a word of it.

Im not gonna waste my day reporting idiots, id rather get on with my own driving and 2 small blips on an otherwise great day is a success to me so dont go taking whatevers here the wrong way.

Sorry, I was referring to a previous track day at Doni, some time ago. Extremely poorly managed sessioned day. Complaints (lots of, by a number of people) during the day eventually got the reckless driver moved to a 'more experienced' session.

You have to remember that safety is priority at these events, if there are any incidents during the day that are contrary to this then the organisers will want to hear about them so they can be resolved as quickly and as smoothly as possible, for everybody's sake.

:)

I've reported people in the past for both not looking in their mirrors and for overtaking in inappropriate places. It's quick, easy, makes it safer and importantly has the long term effect of improving the standard of on track manners for the club.

I can't see the point of complaining when it's too late to do anything and on the wrong forum (why here and not the LOT forum?) especially when you aren't perpared to complain to the relevant people at the time when it's going to make a difference.

No one listens to the briefing? You encountered 2 'blips' all day and this was a day described as suitable for intermediate/advanced drivers only with ET race cars welcome and I thought the standard of behaviour that day was very good. I think you'd be utterly shocked at days run by some of the organisers that don't care so much about driving standards, then you'd be posting 50 videos all titled 'Worst Track Day Manners Ever'.

trackday with club lotus France...

The overtaking between the seven at 2-11 at about 4min is ....

That is a stupidly dangerous move!! It is people like that that give track days a bad name!! He should have his fingers chopped off for that - so dangerous! Overtaking on inside and outside of corners.

The 2-11 coming back past him a couple of times is funny, he gets really annoyed. Ironic!

I'm glad I have not experienced lunatics racing each other like that!

Archived