litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Rev Warning Light

Carlylove

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to admit that I never found the red change up light on the rev counter all that good and when you drive with the style that requires its use, your are concentrating more on the road and it tends not to catch your eye.

I had a set of Aces Adjustable Change Up/Down Shift lights... I find them far better because you can set them to count you down to the exact moment of changing gear and while on a fast sweeping corner where you may not want to be changing gear at the high G part you know how much power you have left. This would allow you to pace the car through the corner so that you can keep the car at its most balanced.

I have the lights count me down at 200rev intervals.

Far left hand light is a change down light which you can adjust to where you are starting to come out of the power band. This is to prompt you to change down should the situation require it

First light Change up light comes on at 7400rev

All five lights Rapid Rapidly Flash at 8400 - And Change ( By the time you have changed you will have hit about 8600rev.

Rev Limit 8600revs approx.

The best bit is that you don't have to take your eyes off the road because the lights are in line of sight and flash brightly enough so that you clearly see the information without annoying you.

post-152-1124699815.jpg

When I had mine dyno'd max power was around 5500 and peak torque of 145lbft at 4250rpm. 

So not much point taking it past that, but I love that change up light!

Fi, can you sort out with Alan at Aldon another rolling road session, would be good for new folks and changed car peeps ?

Will probably do this again at the end of November.

Archived