Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Rev Warning Light

Carlylove

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the rev warning light is a 'ponsy S2 thing'! :P

Mine comes on sometime over 7k... does yours not come on at all?

If not, it might need looking at....

I thought it was closer to 6.5K but I am usually thrashing it (just below the speed limit :P ) when it goes on so I forget to look i will try it on the drive & see eh!

I've had the same on mine before but the red light is back again.

Was using the red light to aid change up and then 3/4 of the way into the journey it stopped coming on and I could feel the car bouncing off the rev limiter.

Didn't really worry about it and the light seemed to sort itself out again.

:) Hi I'm new on here, and I've just been reading about this Warning light.

I've got a S2 Race Tech and I've never seen any light come on when I've been driving my motor around. Is it std fit in all S2's??

Or

Am I not pushing my motor hard enough?

The red ignition llight that comes on in the rev counter also acts as a change up light that comes on just before the rev limiter kicks in.

On the S2 Exige if the engine is cold its at about 6000revs and when the engine is warmed up its about 8600revs

I think you will find that you will have a cold engine rev warning and when the engine is hot the lights should come on at about 7500revs.

So this red light is Standard fit to all S2's then???

Huuuummmm I'm obviously not pushing my car hard enough. I'm going to make it my mission on the way home to get that light on! :P

I'm going to make it my mission on the way home to get that light on! :P

Good luck - mine comes on at around 7k. Wait until the engine has warmed up (i.e. over 85 degs) as you don't want to hurt it! :(

Another thing - not wanting to patronise - but make sure you're on a straight and it's not too damp before you boot it if you haven't done so before...

...have fun :)

When I had mine dyno'd max power was around 5500 and peak torque of 145lbft at 4250rpm.

So not much point taking it past that, but I love that change up light!

When I had mine dyno'd max power was around 5500 and peak torque of 145lbft at 4250rpm. 

So not much point taking it past that, but I love that change up light!

Fi, can you sort out with Alan at Aldon another rolling road session, would be good for new folks and changed car peeps ?

Archived