litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Cheapest Supplier Of Sbs Protrack Pads

Steve J

I need a full set of SBS Protrack pads (S2).

Horizon can supply and fit, but I fancy having a go myself this weekend.

So where's the cheapest place I can get them from?

Cheers

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Horizon probably.

The only other place i've heard that sells them are called imead or something.

You need a special tool for winding back the rear caliper IIRC... front's are a bit of a pig too!

Fronts are easy, the rears look more complicated, but I know a man with a tool I can borrow (Dave, you listening?)

If he's not listening, I've got a tool (assuming same caliper as S1). Tool can only be used with caliper removed though.

Third option is to use long think nosed pliers, which I used.

Questmead are the cheapest place to buy in my experience. Even if Horizon match the P&P price, you've still got to use petrol to go and get them :).

No fancy tool required for winding in the rear pistons, needle nosed pliers work perfectly well.

Questmead are trade only suppliers. Yvo Tuk can provide but at about £180

Horizon can fit at £220.

I just wanted to have a go myself. Might try mail order from Horizon. :)

Steve,

Word of advice mate, don't bother with the cheapo piston winding tool from elise parts. It's no more than a bit of steel bar with two bolts screwed into the end the correct distance apart. I bought one for a tenner and felt a little conned to say the least!

I could have made one like it for about 5p

There are better ones out there which are more like a "T" bar with two pegs on the end.

Reckon I could have done mine with long nosed pliars if I had to.

Appart from that bit - a very easy DIY job, particularly if you are not going to fit new disks or bleed the system. 1 hour tops!

Cheers

Dunc

Steve,

Word of advice mate, don't bother with the cheapo piston winding tool from elise parts. It's no more than a bit of  steel bar with two bolts screwed into the end the correct distance apart. I bought one for a tenner and felt a little conned to say the least!

I could have made one like it for about 5p

Have to agree completely with that. It's a useless tool as you can ONLY use it if you take the caliper off (NOT mentioned on the Eliseparts website).

If not, long nosed pliers are fine.

Questmead are trade only suppliers.

I've used Questmead a couple of times and had no problems, and I'm not in the trade. Long nosed pliers will be okay for the rears, just be careful they don't slip and tear the rubber seal.

Kris,

I also got mine from Questmead without any problems and fitted them in about 1 hr (all 4 and first time I ever did it. Piece of piss).

Try

Questmead

Jason

+44 (0)8707 450584

Heres what it cost me :

SBS ProTrack brakes for Lotus Elise S1. Front and Rear sets.

Cost : £109.25 + Vat + Delivery 7.95 + Vat.

Total : £117.20 + vat = £137.71

Archived