litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Prague (stag Do)

steve-n

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh man!... prague is like a second home for me since the chavs found amsterdam.

prague is superb and you will find loads of really nice places to eat/drink and have a good laugh!...

There is a large church or something in the far corner of one of the main squares, and there is a fantastic hotel/resteraunt in the corner there; live jazz/soul music and amazing food and cocktails, definitely make a trip there!... Its right where some of the league of extrodinary gentlemen was filmed.

There are quite a few really nice open air cafe-bars in that square too which is a really cool place to hang out.

From the hotel resteraunt (cant remember the name; minds gone blank) theres a small alleyway in the corner up the side of the hotel which goes towards the torture museum or something, and there are a couple of nice bars in alleyways from there.. be careful for a 60yr old posh woman; I got chatted up by her, and apparently she is some kind of nutty countess or something who likes to pick up young men!!!

There is a cool bar called banana bar or banana republic or something on that side of town, which is quite cool too; mostly locals, but a really good vibe, cheap drink, and a good laugh, although the music is very german dance, which doesnt really do it for me!..

There is a really dingy club on the other side of town near the museum that had an amazing drum and bass night last time I was there, which i can definitely recommend if your into that sort of thing...

Basically, you cant go wrong over there; my guess is you will be after one of two things seen as you are on a stag night...

1) live sex shows and cheap beer, in which case the centre of the city near the museum is the best place, but expect to run into an increasing number of pisshead germans and (worse still) brits

2) a relaxing weekend away with good food, beer, wine, etc., without all the drunken mess you get in the uk, in which case stay around the main squares in the old part of town, and you will hardly run into any groups of 20+ german/brit drunks wearing matching shirts with witty nicknames on the back :P

personally I go over there to get out the way of all those sort of crowds here, so I stick to the older part of town and mix with the locals. They are a friendly bunch, however if you are blonde/blue eyed (like me) you might have to talk to the older locals before they will talk to you (otherwise they assume you are german and ignore you like a schwein-hund :(

Basically go over there and have fun; the more you plan it the worse it will be... there are plenty of bars and resteraunts and the scenery (local women) is stunning! Everywhere is cheap compared with here, and the quality of food/drink/service is fantastic... ...just stay out of mac donnalds etc., you can do that when you get back!

b ;)

ps.. let me know how you get on!

******EDIT*******

I just read over that and some of its pretty poor in terms of grammar and spelling, sorry...

Also, sorry for the massive post :P

Its a really clean and easy city to get around, so you will have no problems; get some flyers from your hotel and go explore!

Also if you want a really good laugh, get over to the hotel imperial over the far side of town; they collect all the unsold donuts from the day and if the tip jar gets over a certain amount during the day, they have a donut fight in the resteraunt at midnight.. you really have to see it to believe it; its all out warfare with sweet snacks :D

It is starting to get a bit more Chavvey unfortunatly, still good though!

The most annoying thing, and this really started to piss me off, they have a load of black guys who are touting to get you in the strip bars. They won't leave you alone but I found if I replied "what, a gay bar!, no sorry I'm not into that" it really confuses them and shuts them up! :P

Also be very carefull if you fancy a nice innocent lapdance! We ended up going in a club and got stiched up when leaving and my friend ended up pying £120 to leave the club! Just make sure you know where your going!

Best places I went were the Club by Charles Bridge (wasnt as good when I went back this year, but prob the time of year) and if you carry on over the bridge and take your second IIRC right, there is this really good Jazz bar with names scratched all over the walls. Good in there!

I went in August - had a really good time.

There are shed loads of good bars. If you are bored and fancy a walk away from the crowds and there are only a few of you there is an american bar downstairs under the opera house (? maybe theatre) which did a good absinth - supposedly a scene from xxx was filmed there - but haven't seen the film so can't comment.

We were on an organised evening do and got taken to spearmint rhinos (on the river bank same side as the castle?) - was class getting into a spearmint rhino minibus at the pub before hand. The birds in there were mighty fine - although a dance was expensive - so i was told.....

Some people headed off to 'big sister' afterwards, a new brothel/club. The stories at breakfast were amusing. They have a big fish tank - but with out the fish

Depends what you are after i guess

yeah theres a lot of that out there, but I tend to be a bit more boring and go over there on my own or with one of my mates for a weekend out (when a night on the town wont do!..)

it is getting a bit more chavvy, but spring and autumn times (when the weather is normally gorgeous) are a lot less crowded...

prague women are second on my "chart of hottness", only shadowed by women from milan... ...wow :D

prague women are second on my "chart of hottness", only shadowed by women from milan...      ...wow :D

Good taste sir.....

Via Montenapoleone - has to be one of the finest places on earth for people watching

Always take dark sunglasses to Milan - particularly if going with girlfriend - cuts out many arguments!

I get to go over there with work from time to time; they pay for everything, so basically its 3-5 days free food, drink and watching the girls go by in the name of big business; very international playboy!!!

Was there three weeks ago for 4 days and managed to spend £110.

Loads of very cheap bars and food, strip joint and women of the night.

The old town square, as mentioned before, with the Tyn church & the astronomical clock on opposite sides can be relatively expensive, but hidden away in the opposite corner from the clock is Caffrey's Irish bar which is a good place to start to plan your pub crawl routes.

But I wouldn't spend all night there - too many cheap local style bars to visit.

This website has a very good section on bars & clubs (maps included)

http://www.pragueexperience.com/

Went there last summer - ACE.

Unfortunately, the names of the clubs are all long gone out of my memory banks.

On a stag do, I guess you'll be wanting "strip" joints - they're everywhere, and cheap. If you get bored, just go to another ! There'll be people trying to get you in - haggle for group rates and free drinks.

There's an absolutely enormous one that's well worth it - Darling's Bar, IIRC. When you get there and they pat you down for cameras, knives and guns, don't let it worry you (leave the camera at the hotel if you don't want to put it into the safe). It's the best one we went to, and we managed about 20 in 3 nights....

They're open about what's on offer too ! No hiding the fact that a lot of the dancers are also on the game, but there's no pressure if you just say "no".

There's a couple of sex museums too, if you fancy being shocked....

Chris

Catboy when you are next in milan if you get a chance check out

http://www.gattopardocafe.it/

had very good night there a couple of years back

I acctually got taken there by the dealer rep I was visiting about 6 weeks ago B)

what a great place... ...if theres one thing leicester town centre needs (other than a pack of wild chav-eating dogs) its somewhere like that to spend your hard-earned

b :(

ps.. if your ever in oxford (my home town) then go to freuds; similar idea, except its a nightclub/bar in an old church (the church of dance perhaps?!..) Its not a bad night out, but its not as well finished and presented as gatto pardo cafe.

Archived