litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Which Exhaust?

S2-Nick

I am sure this is a repeat on MLOC as it has been posted many times on BBS.

What S2 exhaust systems are there on the market and what do you think of them?

Score them on - quality 1-10 (poor-good), tone 1-10 (hair-drier-F111), volume (sparrow-F111), cost £?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Magnex

Quality - V.good construction and vinish

Tone - Deeper growl

Volume - Not as loud as Janspeed, Quicksilver, etc etc

Cost £400

To be honest it's all a matter of personal taste. You have to hear some to decide what you like best. Come on a run and sit behind a few different cars. If you find one you like then ask what exhaust they have.

Cat or no cat......that's an important factor too! :)

Janspeed for me but with the cat in place........just nice no trace of the "Singer" anymore...just makes you want to drive hard....in turn wrecks the fuel figures but who cares that's what it's for :(

Anyone want a standard S2 zorst and air filter system?..........go for a Hurricane too! ;)

Have fun :)

I am sure this is a repeat on MLOC as it has been posted many times on BBS.

What S2 exhaust systems are there on the market and what do you think of them?

Score them on - quality 1-10 (poor-good), tone 1-10 (hair-drier-F111), volume (sparrow-F111), cost £?

Buy a Tivver and stop pissing about with exhausts eh SteveyJ ? :)

Hmmn . . I've just de-cat'd my S1 - However didn't know it had a Janspeed on it until I got the diffuser off (I thought they all sounded that loud)

It's a bit boy racer now on acceleration, but I agree it pops really well when you back off the power . .

I'm thinking of putting the cat back on actually so I can make my mind up ? Anyone else find this combination a bit too loud ???

:D:(;):(:wacko::wacko:

Alasdair, i found my Janspeed and de-cat far too loud and put the cat back on. I dont think i was just being bashful either. It was LOUD.

Pipe size is not the be all and end all.

Because I need to sort the Tivver out noise wise for Donny track day, I measured the outlets - 61mm inside about 65mm outide.

The old Lotus Excel is massive 75mm pipes, and quite as a church mouse.

As Martin says, the combo of system and de-cat seems to make a huge difference on Elises S1 or Gay S2's.

Still trying to establish exactly WTF the Tivver has had done to it, poss precats removed, full cat doesn't seem to have been split out (a Tivver option on earlier cars) but the silencers seem to have been removed.

Think I need to speak to Uncle Mike at Horizon again - Nice bloke :D

Archived