litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

S1 Seats

Gareth

I was going to retrim my seats with Corbeau but they have no interest in doing it.

I went to a local upholstery place who will add padding and retrim my seats and sill pads for £400 but tbh im not so sure about the leather he supplies. Looks a bit too "leatherly." Looks like it would be suited in a 1972 Rolls Royce.

So I've enquired about getting S2 seats or S1 Exige seats but they are pretty scarce.

Other alternative is the Corbeau seats as advertised on Hanger111. What do people think of these? Contemplating the ones will harness holes but I reckon having harnesses would be a pain when driving everyday.

http://www.hangar111.com/products/corbeau/CorbeauSeatStd.jpg

Cheers

G

PS

My seats are OK, just need some more padding!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was going to retrim my seats with Corbeau but they have no interest in doing it.

That was the reaction I got when I first phoned. I think you probably got the same person I did. I'd try again and ask for Jim Rosewell - completely helpful and apologetic for any confusion that there had been.

They're recommended by others. Not had mine done yet, but probably will

Chris

As to harnesses, you dont have to remove the standad seat belt so small trips and those cant be arsed tying yourself in times are not a problem.. But for those times you want to feel everything you have the option of the harnesses.

just my 2p

Andrew

A couple of points to note:

a) Corbeau are very awkward speak to the right person and they will do it.

:blink: The seats from hangar111 (std ones) are pretty much identical to what you'd get anyway, so you could sell your existing and buy them

c) Harnesses are a bit of a pain everyday, but once you get used to them, you won't look back... std inertia belts feel very insecure afterwards

d) Running harnesses and inertia belts together on std seat runners is NOT recommended. If you want to do this you ideally need to change to 340R seat runners (which have two separate spaces for belts AND harnesses). This is because you will end up with too much pressure on the bolt holding the belt and harness to the seat and it could snap - something you really don't want to contemplate in an accident.

S2 seats are good, but they aren't too padded if that's what your after. Also, I feel that I need more lateral support in mine to stop me moving sideways in fast corners. Imagine that this wouldn't be a problem if you're a little 'wider' than me, but for the 'less chunky' driver I don't think they hold you tightly enough

I would swap mine but don't have the spare cash to afford it at the mo...

d) Running harnesses and inertia belts together on std seat runners is NOT recommended. If you want to do this you ideally need to change to 340R seat runners (which have two separate spaces for belts AND harnesses).  This is because you will end up with too much pressure on the bolt holding the belt and harness to the seat and it could snap - something you really don't want to contemplate in an accident.

Hmm, hadnt heard that, maybe some diy work to undertake then :blink:

I'm not a fan of leather seats... the S2 111S ones i;ve been in do ave a sort of grippy bit around the edge which helps, but it doesn't compare to Alcantara etc....

Rich - fit harnesses, will stop the sliding around :blink:

In my boyracer days I had Corbeau seats in my MK1 Golf Gti similiar to the ones I've attached and they were really uncomfortable. Problem is, if I buy the hanger111 ones I can't try before I buy.

Nothing wrong with my seats... just not padded enough and I wonder if the hanger111 ones will be any better.

They will cost me £650 but I could possibly get £200 for my seats so really i'm only spending £450.

I have an opion and a view on everything :P

As your seats don't have harness slats you will need a bolt in harness bar... next decide on the width of the Harness you want (2 inch or 3 inch shoulder)

I have Willans Silverstone which are 3 inch shoulder and have a quick release mechanism so you can easily lean forward and see at junctions etc :D

http://www.hangar111.com/shop/limited/prod...stharnesses.htm

You need the second bar down and then choose between the harnesses... remember you need bolt in type though. All 3 are good makes so its completely up to you really!

Finally got a reply.

Dear Sir,

Apologies for the delay I have been away on business.

We can do new cushion inserts for your seats however when they are leather to start with it is almost impossible to make them stay in place as velcro doesn't stay in place once the leather gets slightly warm.

Therefore we can either retrim the whole seat at a cost of £175 each which includes re foaming and re upholstering including cushion sets.

Should you wish to proceed it is best for us to manufacture the covers and then once complete for your seats to be returned - this makes the whole process happen alot quicker and you are only without the seats for a couple of days.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Emma

Corbeau

Archived