litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Croix With Lot

Daniel

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spa was terrifying. Just what appeared to be little run off if things went wrong. There may have been a fair bit of tarmac run off on a few quick corners but I fear an Elise in the wet would just skate across it towards the tyre wall if it all went wrong.

I think a dry day would be good. In fact come to think of it when we met Greg and Ali in the hotel the evening before we couldn't see more than about 20 yards as the fog/mist was that bad, thankfully it lifted.

Some chaps even took their Merc Vito van around Spa :) That was funny.

The drive from Spa to Croix was interesting too, 3 hours, half of which was torrential rain, me leading a pack of 4 Elises at speeds as low as 40mph on some of the main roads was not pleasant.

Car was faultless, used no oil over the 2 days which seems good considering the revs. Tyres on the other hand. Well the rear AD07's were brand new, the front AD07's were 4 year old ones which had done a few trackdays and I think had too many heat cycles even though they still had medium tread left. Understeer galore, ask Greg :)

Oh yes, and the Greg curse has been broken!!!!! Halleluyah!

Oooo...lucky there...

Was that the patented Dan technique of catching slides that have gone a bit too far? Retract all limbs away from the controls as quickly as possible?

I like the way the revs climb sky high with your foot to the floor while your speed only goes up by 10mph.

I like the way the revs climb sky high with your foot to the floor while your speed only goes up by 10mph.

Could that be why my inside rear wheel is bald? ;) LSD is needed, or perhaps a little gentler on the throttle. Nah, where's the fun in that!

Archived