litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

M6 Users Beware

Davey

M6 northbound yesterday between j15/16 a yellow cupra r stopped on the hard shoulder tending to some sort of incident- only thing is it definitely had red strobes in the rear lights- couldn't get a proper look as I only noticed the strobes once I had passed it (was going southbound at the time) but guessing it's the next level of stealth fed cars.

They'll be in elises next- oh actually they'd be no good- need at least a top end of 159 before the constabulary would consider them for their free trackday on taxpayers roads.

(cross posted from british cars bbs- if this is true we all need to know about it)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to know, but very soon J15-16 will be at a stand still all day anyway - 9 months of Roadworks are about to start between J16-17. Scheduled to run till March 05, 40mph speed limit, numerous contraflows and lane closures..................oh sweet joy. http://www.highways.gov.uk/trafficinfo/sea.../north_west.pdf

When the last set of M6 roadworks were in progress (3 years ago, J17-18) traffic queued from Keele and it took an extra hour to get in unless I left before 6am - which is an ungodly time for me.

My 4 hour return trip to work has just risen by 50% for 12 months. I think I need a new working location or a helipad on the roof at home.....

On the good side it'll give me more time to listen to my music (only possible when stationary in the car), even if I am shivering on the cold, cold dead of winter.

If the police did go for unmarked elise's as police cars, they could save themselves loads on adapting the cars themselves.

Just fit flashing strobes in the top of their helmets :)

It would work fine as long as they straped them on and kept the hood down :(:)

*quote by davey in orginal*They'll be in elises next- oh actually they'd be no good- need at least a top end of 159 before the constabulary would consider them for their free trackday on taxpayers roads. *Quote by Davey in orginal post*

they have already a marked up s2 in great yarmouth which goes round the boyracer sites and cruises to try and make a physical presence along with a EVO VI aswell as a few other proformance cars :(

I know for a fact that the Air Ambulance use a yellow Leon Cupra R as their rapid response ground unit. Could have been the one you saw. I think they use it when the Air Ambulance is on another job and they need an opinion on something quickly.

It's remapped like mine apparently (which means rapid response really means RAPID RESPONSE) and supplied by Listers SEAT of Coventry.

Archived