litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

This Is A Bit Sad

Tango190

Hope this link work's

Clicky

I just typed up all the cars I've owned (that I can remember) since 1976, no order or piccies/details yet but I do now realise why Kim gets a bit miffed when I say "lets just nip down and have a look".

Jon Malbon, you still have a way to go old son. :rolleyes:

Yep link works just clicked it.

Just worked out that 1976-2005 is 29years

58 Cars in total over that period.

So a run rate of about 2 cars per year.

24 Cars in the last 10 years since October 1994.

The run rate seems to be going up !

So is that 2.4 cars per year over the last ten years ?

Most owned at one time appears to be 5 - Kim said.

Most disappointing was the Isuzu Trooper shortest ownership - gutless heap of cack - chopped back in for the Disco which was totally, and I mean totally faultless.

Best 4x4 - Sierra XR4x4 - loved it for the money.

Best FWD car - none - hate FWD

Best RWD front engined - has to be the Tivver cause it makes you drive IT.

Best car - probably, almost without doubt, the most entertaining car was the Elise S1.

Worst cars for not starting when you need them too - The Merc -it was a bastard - so was the BMW - ditto the Minis.

The one that got away was a recent dig at an S4S Esprit - thought a good deal could be done, gutted when it didn't happen.

The madness continues ......

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blimey, i can count the cars i've owned on just over half a hand. (only driving 4 yrs though).

I hope you have got a picture of the hand painted green Viva Van, i'd love to see it, i didn't even know they did it in a van!

Impressive list!

Most owned at once?

Longest & shortest time owned?

All-time favourite?

Most disappointing/ overrated?

What was the one that got away, that you wish you'd owned?

Just answered a couple of the questions Graeme.

More thought need this end.

I have trawled the net for some piccies of the cars, and intend to point a URL in the the list to the piccy.

Think dad has a few of some of my older cars.

Anyway it doesn't seem that I can hang on to a car for more than 6 months. :rolleyes:

That's certainly an impressive list.  I'm amazed you can remember them all!  I don't think I could be bothered with all the admin involved in changing cars that often  :blush:

The most worrying thing is these ARE the cars I remember, sure there will be one or two more that just went by the way. :bleh:

:D

If a man who cannot be faithful to a woman is a womaniser. What do you call a man who cannot keep the same car long ? Best answer wins a virtual pint  :)

Monte Carlo has a Prince so it's a, Principality. Vatican City has a Pope, so it s a ....................................Pope-apality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I made this joke up in the office the other day and thought it was hilarious as a Ifell off my seat laughing. Once I began to recover I noticed everyone was just looking at me with a bemused :blink: look on their faces. I guess it's not funny. Makes me laugh though :blink: !

You all have permission to tell me it's a crap joke on Thursday!

Back to the plot - Bob's an 'auto-miser' of course!

Sonya

Bob, ive just had another look at the list. 1957 Ferguson petrol tractor  :blink: 

Now you can see how I went for the TVR so easily :)

Had to sell the 'lil Fergie as there was nowhere for Kim to sit, have you never been on a tractor run, there great, look out for the run to Whitby, stop off at each pub, eat fish and chips all the while, get to Whitby and whizz (technically incorrect) about on the beach. :blink:

However, the "run" does take 3 days or more !

Sonya, that IS a crap joke for sure, bad as me laughing out loud in a meeting the other day when some told us about the new distribution operation. I heard it as "nudist rebution operation" hey ho - had a vision of naked people having .... oh never mind... you had to be there :D

Archived