litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Small Number Plate

sootysteve

want to get a small plate for front of car, pissed off with the std size catching every last pebble!, any one get much agro from pc plod, not going as small as 3/4 size but still smaller than legal, .....415mm x 88mm

std size bein 520x 113mm cheers. :)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My is 400 X 70mm :rolleyes:

I haven’t bee stopped by plod, but if I do I have got this excuse ready :P

“ I have had to put this smaller one on, because every time I go over a speed hump, it nocks my plate off” even though it doesn’t ;)

I hope it works :blush:

Disco

You won't have any hasstle until to meet a copper on a mission, and then they won't give you any leeway.

As a friend found out with his window tints on his 4x4... Had had dark tins on the rear and side windows. Non on the front and the lightest option on the driver & front passenger side. These two windows have to let in 70% light. his blocked out 33%.

He hadn't committed any driving offence or any thing to else to upset the police. He was just driving in to Manchester and the policeman decided to pull him over because he had an issued light meter and wanted to use it.

He got a £ 30 fine as a first offence and a bollocking. Luckerly he had his docs with him because he would have got a producer as well. He was also told they this would be held on computor and if the vehicle was pulled again it would be a £ 60 fine a three points.

He at the end of all this my mate was a bit miff'ed because if he sat in the drivers seat you could easily see him, so it not that dark that he was trying to hide for criminal activities.

After getting his fine. He did ask why when Tony Blair was in the area earlier this year the police did nothing about the people carrier in their party that had dark tint all around and why they did nothing about the Man Utd player a few hundred yards up the road whose window are darker.

It didn't go down to well.

i have a stick on 3/4 size plate waiting to go on my elise, however i have been reluctant to put it on as i heard it was a max fine of £1000 for in incorrectly spaced or sized plate, but only a £30 fine for no plate.

Can anyone confirm or deny?

I havent even got a plate on mine due to an unlucky rabbit, been about 2 months and seen lots of police who seem unfussed,

me mate is a cop & says they wud have to be havin a bad day to make an issue out of it. :blush:

Archived