litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

New Lad Be Gentle

JimmyMac

Now i may get moaned at, yelled at or even screamed at by some of you on here, but i'm new to the forum so be nice.

I'm James, 23, live with parents in Ware, Herts and am looking to buy my first Lotus withing the next 18 months.

I have my heart set on an Elise and S2 to be precise.

I was 18 when i did a summer job delivering sports cars to rich ppl with more money than sense and thats where i got my first taste of an Elise S1 driving experience!

In the next 12 months i intend to ask all your knowledgable ppl lots of questions before i pay the 15k or more for my Elise S2.

So thats me hello and please dont get annoyed at me for asking silly questions.

Cheers.

Jimmy.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was 18 when i did a summer job delivering sports cars to rich ppl with more money than sense and thats where i got my first taste of an Elise S1 driving experience!

:clap:

Excellent first post.

Welcome to MLOC :drive:

There are a few S2s up for sale at the moment. What's your budget?

Hello :drive: Loads of info on this site, elises.co.uk, and loads of answers to loads of questions usuallyt available from people on mloc as well.

Russ

Well at the moment my budget is 23p! :clap:

Seriously i'm nowhere near ready to buy an Elise yet but as i said in 18 months time i reckon i'll be fine.

I'm still not exactly sure which model Elise to purchase thats why i thought i'd get registered ask a few questions and see how it goes.

And i'm afraid yes being young i'm a bit of a tart and the S2 does look better than the S1 i'm afraid in my opinion of course!

I know a little bit about Elise's but not nearly enough as i'd like to know!

I am very interested in the track day sessions i here about as i do know a few Lotus owners.

And thatnks for making me feel welcome so far i know being a young gun at 23 is frowned upon in some owners clubs where the age of many owners is how shall i put it 'More Mature' :drive:

Dam guess i'm already labelled as a poof or a girl then!

Good work for 5 mins being on the site!

I'm afraid i'm just coming out of the boy racer type stage and looking for a more grown up car but still the fun!

Yes 23 tryin to insure an Elise was quite amusing £2974 fully comp. yeah right!

But i aim to get an Elise just after i turn 25 so its all working out perfectly.

Just got to spend the time until then getting as much info as possible and find the right model of S2 Elise for me and i'm set :drive:

The events section has info on runs that are going on as well as other pretty cool stuff, Mid engine races at Mallory the other week was a good day out. You can always come along on a run, sure there would be plenty of people would have you as a passenger and answer any questions they could.

Russ

Well once i get to know a few more ppl on the site i will definately come along even if it is just to watch and see some Lotus's in action.

I'm swaying more towards the S2 111s i like the look and spec of it but obviously thats just first impressions.

A passenger would be good but dont want to be an excuse if we spin or worse crash! :drive:

Archived