litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Lotus Sports Exhaust For S2 111s

Jim P

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Standard exhaust is a bit poor on the sound front. Dave111s has a nice looking/sounding Janspeed one.

You probably won't notice an increase (0 to 8bhp) but it'll certainly sound like you've got another 50bhp :D

Search the archives for some exhaust clips. I have Magnex with hurricane and decat. It's a "quality" sound. Deep and not at all whiny under acceleration.

Some insurance companies will put up your premium if you tell them, some won't.

Best finding a mod friendly one and declaring it, but to be honest I don't think anyone would know the difference anyway.

Ours is a stainless steel one with LOTUS on the pipes, so it must just be a standard one ( :P )

Got fed up with the sewing machine sound after a month of ownership so got Janspeed fitted on mine and i can't fault it, the sound now suits the car.

and it gets better once it's run in, pops and bangs on over run :)

Changes the feel of the throttle but not noticed any performace gain

Dave

Are there anyplaces in the midlands you can just drive in and pick one up (janspeed or magnex or anything), or do you have to order them? Or as i'm a bit of a pikey is anyone selling one secondhand?

Might lose my battle over will power not to spend money this weekend and need something to do.

They're easy enough to fit yourself aren't they?

Been very happy with my Janspeed. (pictures in my garage)

It has the right sort of sound for the car nice low end tick over and for me the best bit is the way it boosts that K series scream from 5-7k forget those pansy toyota waspy things there's nothing like a "Rover" :) K series that is.. :D

Score 10 out of 10.

Don't forget the Hurricane too ;)

If you really are crazy for noise try the cat bypass but you may find like me it was just too much :P

Dave.

To all those interested a brand new Larini system for a 111s is available from pistonheads for £300. I've been in touch with the owner and he has confirmed that it does have the round tail pipes. I would of had it but have just purchased a Janspeed one from PTP.

Hope this helps someone.

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/detail.asp?i=40311&s=14

Keith.

eBay is the place to get them secondhand or check out the classifieds on SELOC.

PTP are the UK distributor/stockist for Janspeed so they'll have them on the shelves.

For an S1, my personal preference (as they don't make my exhaust anymore :tup:) is the Quiksilver one. Order from http://www.hangar111.com quick delivery and they are really easy to fit yourself - eventhough i'm lazy and got Horizon to do it for me :D

Archived