litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Severely P***ed Off

bermudabob

There I was with a nice lowered driveway - council had ripped me off for £500 to do it, but at least it was done.

I get home last night to find some poxy subcontractor (AMEC I think) has dug holes all the way through it and left it in an unfinished state, so I couldn't get to my drive. There is a big gouge out of the tarmac too.

No notification about it happening or anything.

I rang the council and they are basically fobbing me off...

argh!!!

:blush:

Rob

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's my driveway now - I can't get my bloody Elise out!!

post-493-1114016140.jpg

Phone the council and ask where you send the invoice for the twice daily taxi service you are having to have to get to work as you can't get your car out......

And ot think you can get a parking ticket etc. for parking with your wheels on the pavement if it obstructs the pavement for pedestrians, there's no getting a pram round that without stepping into the road is there!

Shocking.

Those barriers are actually intruding onto your property.

I would have thought that they would need written permission for them to do that.

Take some 35mm photos of this work as you may be able to use it in any legal action. I am not sure if digital photography is admissable in court because it can be digitaly altered.

But what do i know :huh:

If you can get your car out, see you on sunday :)

Looks like a wind up from Beadle's About...?!!

Absolutely shocking though

Here's what plod says you should do if someone's blocking your drive...

Q. Someone has parked their car blocking my driveway.

A. Check with neighbours or local shops to see if the driver is nearby. If not, call the local police on 020 8690 1212 and have the registration number of the car concerned with you.

Greg & Sonya are spot on, they can't do that as you are allowed 24hr access to your own property - that includes by car if you have a drive way

Maybe give plod a call...?

Archived