litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

My Track Day History...

danwebster

My first track day in my elise was at Cadwell Park in November 07, learning a new car and circuit in the wet was a whole lot of fun but sadly I didn't have a camera with me that day.

I did another day at cadwell in the spring of '08, this time taking an HD camcorder with me, however as soon as I started the car the vibrations shut the hard disk off so that was another fail.

Next was Snetterton, this time the camera worked. My first time at Snetterton and also my first track day since fitting a close ratio box and LSD to my car. I was on Toyo T1R's at the time which worked really well in the monsoon conditions...

Next up, Cadwell again. This time on Hankook RS2's and new Protech suspension. I particularly like the 120mph slide at 4 minutes 20 :D

Next up was Oulton Park, I did it twice in the space of a few weeks, both on cold wintry days when the track was very slick.... especially through Druids...

I also managed to squeeze another trip to Cadwell in there too. Those pesky caterhams don't like being overtaken by elises.... :D

I then took the opportunity of a very cheap day at the Llandow circuit....quite a bizarre one that. Although it was monsoon conditions again, the level of grip was phenomenal. Quite a fun little place but I don't think i'd go there again.

Then I got my new car :D

So far i've only been to Oulton in it, but i'm off to Cadwell in a couple of weeks and I really can't wait for that!

To be continued.....

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH why wont it let me add the 2nd half of the post as a new reply....keeps appending it to the original and losing the videos censored.gif

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Added the videos for you Dan. There is a time lapse you have to leave between replying to your own post i think so this may have caused a problem. Also I think (correct me if I'm wrong) there is a limit to the number of media items you can put in one post.

Yeh there is a limit to the number of media items per post and also a time lapse must be made (I think its 15 mins) before it doesnt merge your posts. Its to stop people flooding a thread with hundreds of posts one after another.

If someone else replys to your post then that also allows you to post again with no merging.

Archived