litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Warranty Advice Please

dazb

Ok, Liz is now two years old (and 23000 miles) so out of Lotus warranty, question is whats best;

a) Extended Lotus Warranty which includes AA cover from what I can remember

:D Third Party Warranty cover and a stand alone breakdown policy

Anybody have any experiences of the above?

Unfortunately planned new 111r been put back for a while due to unplanned financial expenditure!

Daz

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Daz,

From what I remember the Lotus extended warranty is very expensive,and third party ones seem to cover everything until you make a claim.Breakdown recovery and keep your fingers crossed.Now its out of warranty you can take it to Horizon or similar,they are miles cheaper and you would have to have some serious problems to make the warranty worthwhile.

all imho.

Regards

Jon

Agreed, wouldn't waste money on a warranty. They're designed so that the company issuing won't lose money and the cost will be based on Lotus prices and labour.

Better off putting the same cash as a warranty aside each month to build up your own contingency fund, then blow it on upgrades or beer when nothing goes wrong for a year. :D

AA warranty at £55... add roadside cover too and its about £100 all in for the year... you have a good warranty that will pay out for upto 3 claims a year upto a value of £500 per claim (£25 excess)

Should cover all eventualities in an Elise for that money. Mine has paid for itself for the next 10 years thanks to my crank pulley snapping.

i can vouch for AA too, they just fixed my HGF, well actually Horizon did and the AA paid.

They now do a higher policy that is £100 for the year and will cover upto 3 claims up to £1000, you have to have at least basic breakdown cover aswell.

Archived