litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Cleaning The Interior

Nick gee

Bob, i might have a spare set of mats floating around from when i fitted my cosy full carpet set. You could have then for a small fee.

I'll dig em out and stick a photo on here if you like!! :wacko:

There totally unused by the way.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I defo get some photos up!!

I wasn't going to go to the pub meet but i'm not that far away so if you want the mats it'll make sense to go!!

Shall we say £15 and a pint???? Theres some for £15 on Ebay and mine are LOADS better than them! And mine are original!!

While we are on the subject of cleaning, what is the best way to clean the hood ?

Is it just a wipe over with a damp sponge, or are their any cleaning/ waterproofing products that you reccommend. I have seen one by auto glym. Is it any good ?

Chrome come up superbly with Solvol Autosol!

Grooves - as Fiona says - baby wipes or cleaning wipes - but I use a brush with mine really easy & quick!

Mark

Floor scrubbing brush(stiff bristles) with baby wipe to not scratch the surface. Go along the groove from the edges, then hoover the loose dirt off easily. Also have a mini hoover that has a rotating brush thing that works really well.

As for the hood, I recently "Renovo"d my hood as it looked faded. They sell a soft top cleaner that works a treat if you have staining, otherwise a damp cloth(not sponge) and water should do it. Halfords should do a cleaner equivalent to Renovo for the heavy staining.

Dash board: Baby wipes again..

For front clam dead animals Ive got a mitt (not sure where from- found it in the house) which has a sponge side and a VERY SLIGHTLY more abrasive cotton mesh side. The non sponge side is great for removing ingrained insect species remains as long as its really moist and got loads of wash/wax stuff on it.

M u s t ...... b e ..... c lean.

As a finishing touch, open arms wide, lean and hug bonnet, kiss car, smile and repeat as necessary :D

OCD/GJOB heaven!

Archived