litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Docter Who

darren5591

Watched the new doctor who last night, the one with Christopher Eccleston as the doctor.

Thought it was really good,didn't grow up with the other doctors (im 13 ;) ) but seen clips of them.

Tell me what you think thumbs up or down?

thanks

:unsure:

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Watched the new doctor who last night, the one with Christopher Eccleston as the doctor.

Thought it was really good,didn't grow up with the other doctors (im 13  :D ) but seen clips of them.

thanks

;)

:unsure: Yep the new Dr Who is being played well.

Even Billy P wasn't too bad - porker that she is !

Zircon450 aged 44 3/4

Thought it was really good,didn't grow up with the other doctors (im 13  :( ) but seen clips of them.

thanks

:D

:unsure: Yep the new Dr Who is being played well.

Even Billy P wasn't too bad - porker that she is !

Zircon450 aged 44 3/4

yeah i agree ,age doesn't matter (i have my dream ;) )

Oh dear, think I'm going to be in the minority here.

I thought it was poor. For the amount of money spent on these episodes I was expecting something a little better. The acting was ropey, including Christopher Ecclestone and the plot weak.

Bring back Tom Baker :unsure:

yeah lot of money spent but i agree could of been better

seen previews on the next episode, i lmao when i saw the last women alive (the face was stretched really big

cant wait till the dalek episode comes on

thanks

I don't think I understand what Doctor Who is supposed to be about. I never really watched the originals, saw a couple of episodes of the Sylvester McCoy ones when I was younger and didn't think much of it. Having seen the new one the other night I found myself thinking "Why does the Doctor have such an annoying "who cares" attitude?" and "Why can't any of the actors actually act?". ;)

I thought the Doctor was supposed to be quite an intriguing character who has a mysterious personality. Having watched that episode I really can't be bothered to find out what happens next. I think I'll go back to watching Star Trek where they've actually spent some time and money on the plot and effects... :unsure:

I think Doctor Who belongs in the classic archives of TV history to be honest.

Sylestor McCoy was a crap Dr, perhaps thats why its hard for you to get the jist of it.

Its not about how much money has been spent really, more of keeping with the originator, which I thnk the new guy will demonstrate given a chance. Don't forget the Ginger blokes castoff is a bit of dodgy casting.

Anyway my response was to the 13 year old chap, who this TV series is probably still targeted at.

Hey ho, can't say anything on this forum anymore without getting blasted.

Then again, like I give a monkeys !

Sylestor McCoy was a crap Dr, perhaps thats why its hard for you to get the jist of it.

Its not about how much money has been spent really, more of keeping with the originator, which I thnk the new guy will demonstrate given a chance. Don't forget the Ginger blokes castoff is a bit of dodgy casting.

Anyway my response was to the 13 year old chap, who this TV series is probably still targeted at.

Hey ho, can't say anything on this forum anymore without getting blasted.

Then again, like I give a monkeys !

Not blasting at all mate, I honestly just don't get it. I fully appreciate that some folks will think it's good simply because they are "tuned in" to what Doctor Who is all about.

There are many people who dislike Star Trek / Stargate SG1 / Star Wars for the same reasons. I probably just need educating.

I'll probably give it another chance next week, but if I still don't get it then I may stop watching...

Day of the Triffids (spl?). Scared the bejeebers out of me at a very young age. Was there really only one episode/film, or am I correctly remembering a series of them? I know I hid behind the sofa during many an episode on D.Who and Day of the Triffids......

I thought it was excellent,each Dr has his own attributes and I like the cocky devil may care attitude of the new one as its different from the others I remember,Considering this is the beeb probably with a bit of American money thrown in...

The new Dr is very well acted imho,Billy wasn't bad either, ok the story line was a little weak in a couple of places,but I'll be tuning in for Episode two regardless.

My mates kids down the road (ages 3 6 8) were scared witless by a few of the scenes,thats what its all about.

Regards

Jon(39 John Pertwee and sea monsters fan)

I thought it was excellent,each Dr has his own attributes and I like the cocky devil may care attitude of the new one as its different from the others I remember,Considering this is the beeb probably with a bit of American money thrown in...

The new Dr is very well acted imho,Billy wasn't bad either, ok the story line was a little weak in a couple of places,but I'll be tuning in for Episode two regardless.

My mates kids down the road (ages 3 6 8) were scared witless by a few of the scenes,thats what its all about.

Regards

Jon(39 John Pertwee and  sea monsters fan)

Good call Jon, it's worth a second episode, thought all kids would steer clear of wheely bins too :D

Archived