Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

So............ What Did You Buy At Donnington

lesstatt

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got carried away :blush: ended up leaving with

Gear shift and linkage, set of brake discs and pads, harness bar and harnesses and a steering wheel adapter hub and wheel..

Seemed quite a fun day out, took my Dad allong and he enjoyed nosing around all the cars.

I bought..................... TWO cups of coffee :blush:

Elaine bought.................nowt, not even a lipstick lotus day off Emma :(

Reg&Elaine - saving hard for a Supercharger! :blush:

P.S. We didn't even pay to get in! :P

Same with me - bought nothing.

but Martin Edwards Honda Conversion was sold to me a long time ago - its a work of art ! just a case of saving now !

Tho i did 'nearly' buy some lovely black Lotus Sport mats from Hangar 111 - 10% discount is hardly worth it though so i left it.

Graeme..Dave - Good to see you - sorry i couldn't stop - Im holding you guys to an initiation run for my new motor when its ready though :D

1 JPS Team lotus F1 baseball cap - been looking for one for ages and you just cannot get them anywhere

....except from classic team lotus - and even then they don't advertise them on their website..

Well i got a pair of clear indicators lenses pretty cheap i thought for £22.. wanted to have a good nose round but had to leave for work!

first time ive been thought it was good...

got chatting to some s1 owners from scotland showed me some niftty tricks when fitting head lamp covers.. cheers guys!

didnt know what many of you guys looked like from MLOC.. so next time hopefully!

;)

Well i don't recall meeting many of you folks - miserable gits not coming and saying hi.

I didn't buy anything until 3.20pm on the Sunday! I was sooo busy sat on the stand :) I got MMC pads, a wiper blade (which misses a huge sweep :() and some wheel bearings.

SST - sorry mate, by the time i got there the headlight covers they had left were only 111s ones and they were also no cheaper - whatsoever :) So you'll do aswell to order from them direct as postage will be the same as from me! Forgot to put your number in my phone too ;) So couldn't phone you on the day - sorry!

SST - sorry mate, by the time i got there the headlight covers they had left were only 111s ones and they were also no cheaper - whatsoever :) So you'll do aswell to order from them direct as postage will be the same as from me! Forgot to put your number in my phone too ;) So couldn't phone you on the day - sorry!

No problem Scott!!

Cheers anyway

Gareth

I got a wiper blade (which misses a huge sweep :)).

Steve picked up one of those wonder wipers by JML or other such company that makes incontinence pads, slimming pants and kitchen gadgets and fitted it to the Elise. It's just the rubber that you cut and fit. It is a 100% improvement.

Think you can get them in Focus, Woolies, Poundstretcher, etc.

Disclaimer: may only last one rain shower ;)

Wonderwipers in Focus DIY for £5.

You get two blades for that. Just replaced the rubber on my S2 with this stuff and absolutely amazed, perfect clearing of the screen after only 1 wipe. The other 4 wipes are a waste.

No missed sections, no squeeking, no juddering, better than new!!

Bargain :drive:

Steve picked up one of those wonder wipers by JML or other such company that makes incontinence pads, slimming pants and kitchen gadgets and fitted it to the Elise. It's just the rubber that you cut and fit. It is a 100% improvement.

Think you can get them in Focus, Woolies, Poundstretcher, etc.

Disclaimer: may only last one rain shower :drive:

i have been trying to find one of these for ages, which shop did u get it from as i tried wilkos in ilkeston/beeston and focus on queens drive and no one had any :angry:

Braided brake hoses (would you believe 340R comes with nasty rubber hoses!) and some silverstar bulbs. Sorry that should be the WRONG silverstar bulbs :drive:

And thats before my coolant leak. :(

And thats before my immobiliser now won't mobilise having rinsed all the coolant off the car. :angry::angry:

Archived