litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

So............ What Did You Buy At Donnington

lesstatt

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh.................... i got the gearlinkage from there and she said they were rounding the price down a bit and the kit was £48, i said dont you mean rounding up as thats more than normal, she apologised and knocked £4 off, not a lot but better than nothing

Yeah.... I was expecting some big discounts but it all seamed the same prices. Never mind, but i will be pi**ed :) if someone replies that they have had a right bargain from them, just from being there tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon.

I did however see a great bargain on S2 suspension. £60 each for the damper and spring. How good is that!

Managed to get hold of 2 pairs of clear indicator lenses with bulbs for 44 pounds the lot – can’t wait to get them fitted.

Also some rather fetching alloy switch covers for 20 pounds.

It was my first lotus show, as you said no great discounts on offer - but very enjoyable day out.

Discount???????

I bought a quick shift kit (£82) and a set of headlight covers (£55) Bit let down by the prices, was expecting to get them a little cheaper. I was offered both the quickshift and linkage kit for £120!! :blush: Must have to get them right person??

Decided against the linkage kit after a guy in the queue told me that the bushes can be bought for a lot less if you can source them on your own.

The headlamp covers are alot better fit then the last set i had from them!! £15 for the adhesive is a bit much. I'm thinking black mastic will do a good job if i'm carfull with it!!

Very impressed with the quickshift though! 20 mins to fit and it makes the throw loads shorter! nice shiny shaft as well! Think i pulled a muscle twisting my knob off though!!! worth the money.

(appologies for the inuendo paragraph) :(:blush::P Oh, suites you sir!

A better show than last year IMO. Had a bit of a race with an old Lotus on the way in as well. Surprisingly fast! Not sure what it was. Nice looking car!!

Duralec paste and clutch slave cylinder support bracket, sum cost £30. Again no discount. I can't blame them because they were certainly shifting some stuff, but I would like to think that if there were any show offers then the numbers of people impulse buying may increase quite a lot and then everyones even happier. Can't complain though, certainly a good morning out.

Oil cooler, remote stat, air filter cleaner, lights-on buzzer, starter button, ally heater buttons all from Eliseparts. Then Scott & Stu jumped on me on the SELOC stand and made me buy more stuff - well, a CG-lock seatbelt thingy. Will get Horizon to fit them - as I'm both incompetent and lazy - together with braided hoses & brake pads.

Funny, I'm sure I recall buying some of those things at the show last year...

Had to resist the gear linkage & quick shift and most definitely had to resist the nitron suspension & ARB. Still need exhaust manifold, sports cat and a good look at the ball joints toe links, TRE's & rack. These things wil have to wait for next year and a chance to wear out the existing ones a bit more first.

The show was busier than last year, for sure. Just a shame about the weather: not wet but cold & damp and very dusty.

Got aluminium indicator kit with gear lever cover from elise parts stand £115.

fitted when I got back dead easy and works a treat well worth the purchase looks great

and dropped off interior trim at hanger 111 stand for retrim

first time for me as well, thought there would be a little bit of discount should have tried to haggle.

Wanted too try and purchase one of the women on the stand were you just walk into building can't remember name of company (not looking at the name) Sadly you could'nt buy them.

The old F1 cars were a bit spicy must have been either mad or brave to race one of those. :blush::(:blush:

I resisted well on Saturday. Only thing I bought was membership of Lotus Drivers Club.

I did however drop off my dampers with Guy from Nitron for a rebuild and service (and some new stiffer damping:D).

Good service from Eliseparts who are helping solve an issue I had FOC. :blush:

Archived