litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Coolant

Wuddie

Am having a weird problem?? with my coolant, when cold and on the flat i can't see any coolant in the tank, so i topped it up to the min level, wen t out for a blast and checked, and when hot the coolant was at Max (which is all correct)...But the next day, i've checked the coolant level again, and its vanished from the tank.

There are no leaks from what i can see and smell, there is no white gunk in the oil as i've checked the Dipstick and oil filler cap.

Where is all the coolant going??

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try the hose that connects to the radiator at the front. Should be able to access it if you pull the passenger wheel arch back.

Could be a slow leak there as the clips are known to be rubbish! Dont think you should be losing that much coolant myself!

Wuddie, thats my car on the other BBS and it is HGF, it started off by having random coolant levels like yours is. Watch the colour of the coolant, mine was orange and it started to go brown over a period of about 2 days before the cap gave up when it got too hot.

Will do Johnny, but i think this is probably Air Lock as suggested on the bcbbs, as i've topped it up again and the level is now stable, the temperature has dropped by about a degree, and the coolant looks the same colour as always. but i will keep my eye on it for a few more weeks :D

Archived