litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Insurance Quotes

Trev Foster

Hi All,

Had my insurance renewall letter this morning from Tesco the following was quoted:

1 driver,male,34 years old,full no claims,protected bonus,£400 excess,10k milleage,fully comp £929.25.

Phoned round a few insurance companys reccomended from a previous thread on here a few weeks ago and found the following:

Budget £1577.52

Admiral £1041.60

Elephant £1017.45

Eggar Lawson £813.00 With the added benefit of 4 track days ins per year

Bell Direct £1036.35

Esteem £1924.85 WITH £800 EXCESS!!!!!!!!!!!

The wife has just insured her car with Esure for a lot less than the renewal from Lexus direct so tried them, but unfortunately they won't touch the Exige but there sister company will who are called First Alternative will. Quoted £771.34 with £150 excess or £725.36 with £250.00 excess.

Policy is up in a few weeks so any other thoughts on this one!!! Price from Esteem is laughable!!!!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We use Admiral for the Exige they were good for us - £623.70 (for me 33 & Reg 30 at the time), but I use Flux for my GTi and Reg uses Footman James for the Super Scamp.

Flux were offering to beat any other quotes when I renewed in November, so you could try them.

Always ring the insurance companies, you'll get a much better deal via the telephone. :blush:

Thanks Elaine, I had already tried Flux and they were over the 1k figure as well (forgot to put that one up :) )

As far as points, I had 3 points standard sp30 which has just gone over 5 years and is now not declared because of its age, but I find it remarkable the difference between insurance companys on like for like policys!!! :drive:

The free track insurance also comes with a 10% charge against any claim. So if you track it and claim you have to fork out 10% of the value of the new car which equates to over £3k!!! :lol:

Go back to Eggar Lawson and tell Steve what your lowest quote was Trev and ask him what he can do.He seem's like a good bloke and will move on the price if he can(well he did for me :) )

The only thing to watch with them is there is no breakdown cover included in their policies or there wasn't in the one i got. :drive:

585 with flux.. 34 with sp30 protected no claims 400xs

would say though, call them and tell them you have a better quote, they will beat it.. did this 3 times.. the original renewal letter was over 750 to start with!!!

:tdown: work for rbs who underwrite tesco ins. Used to be cheap would not even bother with them now same with direct line and you need to put a tracker on before they will insure you for theft the best to try is churchhill and also try privalidge as they will undercut any other quote you may have.

Regards to speeding fines all rbs underwriting companies will flease you

and be carefull to tell them about all mods as if not your ins is invalid and again thats were they make there money by charging xtra on ins for mods.

also were you live in the uk makes hell of alot of difference to the price you pay

and be carefull to tell them about all mods as if not your ins is invalid

And I presume don't break the rule in the Exige/111R Handbook that says something along the lines of:-

Lotus do not recommend the passengering of children aged under 11yrs old.

Child Seats should NOT be fitted, but booster cushions are suitable for the Exige/111R seats.

Would that mean your insurance would become invalid if you did so, or 'just' that you wouldn't be able to claim for injuries to an under 11yr old?

Not that I really need to know as we aren't having any kids!

Just being nosey! :tdown:

:tdown: work for rbs who underwrite tesco ins. Used to be cheap would not even bother with them now same with direct line and you need to put a tracker on before they will insure you for theft the best to try is churchhill and also try privalidge as they will undercut any other quote you may have.

I'm with Direct Line. They told me I'd have to get a tracker fitted, so I asked them to speak to their underwriters to confirm if theft was a significant risk. They spoke to the UWs came straight back and said it wasn't an issue and immediately removed the obligation for a tracker from my quote. Job done. You just have to know how to ask nicely, with the right lingo!

Archived