litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Insurance Quotes

Trev Foster

:angry: work for rbs who underwrite tesco ins. Used to be cheap would not even bother with them now same with direct line and you need to put a tracker on before they will insure you for theft the best to try is churchhill and also try privalidge as they will undercut any other quote you may have.

I'm with Direct Line. They told me I'd have to get a tracker fitted, so I asked them to speak to their underwriters to confirm if theft was a significant risk. They spoke to the UWs came straight back and said it wasn't an issue and immediately removed the obligation for a tracker from my quote. Job done. You just have to know how to ask nicely, with the right lingo!

Damm. I work for them they still made me fit a tracker but would not recommend one so fitted tracker monitor.

found out that this was not a recommended tracker for direct line and would still not cover me for theft (great) told them i had just wasted £400 so they did insure me for one year as a gesture of good will.

This is the best bit, while searching on the companies intranet found to my suprise that direct line own the company who made my tracker (what)! :tdown:

just to say I will not be renewing with direcdt line as AF is cheaper than what I pay and I get a 25% discount at direct line.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just insured mine with Adrian Flux, 38 yrs old, Full protected NCB, no mods yet, no penalty points yet, limited mileage (5000) - £335.

My first year was with Churchill and paid £950 and last year I paid £485 with Bell Direct. (they wanted £535 this year and after haggling with them I got them to reduce it by £25 but it wasn't enough as far as I was concerned.

Derek

Thats funny Jestor Direct line recommended me to fit the tracker monitor to the Exige.I pay £730 fully comp full no claims (12 years).

thats better than I pay but its like I said before depending were you live can make a difference.

regarding your tracker I glad everthing was ok for you. It soulds like I've been shafted.

mr flux has just done me a deal on my new s1 elise

and workhorse punto

£597. 5yrs no claims, garaged, 28yr old. £200 excess

and on my punto 1.2 for work

£289 no NCB, 50% intro discount

so all in under £900. i think thats a bargain

I'm only 26 and i pay £450 with AF. 4 years NCD, 0 points. On a driveway, Tracker Monitor. 7k a year.

Spoonz, tell them you in SELOC, you'll have to join but it might make a difference.

Archived