litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

S2 Window Adjustment !

Steve J

Having trouble with my passenger window too.

It appears that the bottom section of Guide rail nearest the front of the car is loose.

This is then allowing the window to slide forward and back by about 1 inch when the window is not fully wound up.

I have the S2 Service Manual but can't work out why the rail is moving. Is it possible that the front adjuster screw has become fully wound out and therefore is not holding the threaded block fixed to the rail, and therefore allowing the rail to move?

It's a bit of a bugger to see anything in there, let alone get my fingers in.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a scanned PDF file of the S2 window mechanism.

Taken the door apart but can't see how to fix the sliding window. It seems as though the guide rails are too far apart near the bottom allowing the whole window to slide back and forth.

I'm stumped. :blink:

post-140-1109965398_thumb.jpg

Steve,

it,s hard to say without actually seeing it but a couple of thoughts. From the drawing it looks like the adjusting screws are to adjust for lateral movment of the glass. This is to allow the top edge of the glass to seal correctly with the soft top/ hardtop. IMO it is either one of the following, the glass has come unstuck from the supporting rail, along the bottom edge, or the adjusting block screw has come right out allowing the blocks to move independently. HTH.

Archived