Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Cheaper Option Than Exige

Steve J

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see a visit to Nick Whale on the cards :D

S1 is better as you know... an Exige is a great beast and i've looked into the same thing... as Fi says, the only thing i'd miss is taking the roof off :P

I reckon you should give a 135R a go too - much more hardcore than the std S2.

Sorry, not interested in 135R.

What I eventually want is a raw racer. Reliable high powered engine (Honda, Duratec), stripped out niceties = no weight, excellent handling, sticky rubber, harnesses, loud, agressive looking BEAST :P

S1 Exige is the best looking with lots of what I want already there.

Unfortunately church mice are in a better financial position than me at the moment, plus the uncertainty over my career. Don't want to buy one to find I need to sell again to move to London.

What I really need is for Jon to put a SC Honda into BLOWNK then sell it after a week at a bargain price :D

Sell B10WN K - Me ? - Never !! - Well..maybe :P

I'm same as you Steve. I wanted a mean pig of a raw racer with all the bits already on including

Race Seats

Harnesses and Bar

Carbon Interior

Ali Bells, Decent Pads and Braided Hoses

Nitron Suspension

Different Alloys

As I sat there thinking…how much is this lot going to cost me to put on my 111s the truth slowly dawned !! – I couldn’t afford to do it all – well I could gradually – but I really am a I WANT IT NOW type of person.

Seeing BLOWN K for sale was ray of light and although I can’t afford a Honda in at the moment you can bet your bottom dollar that one will be going in as soon as financially possible !

MMC's will be going if i upgrade, but i'm looking at something a bit more hardcore than what you have Chris... personally think you'd be mad to go to MMC's with your car - though i guess they are generally fine for road use.

I'd consider changing your pads to SBS or Pagid, they'll probably kill the dics quite quickly but a major step up... you could then move up to better dics afterwards> thats pretty much what i'm looking at. AP ali belled discs (295mm :P) and Pagid RS14's

Maybe the braided hoses and fluid change will sort things in the short term. At the moment, they're just appalling compared to Sonya's MMCs (with braided hoses and new fluid...).

Once that's been done, I'll know whether or not I like the EBCs.

Chris

Archived