litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Exige S2 Again

JohnnyM

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you are going to have a car as crazy looking as an Exige then a mad colour works well as it stands out like a sore thumb anyway :)

I've heard a few people come out with that argument, and I just don't get it. Its a gorgeous looking car, why spoil it by making it look "wacky"? Its the equivalent of having plastic surgery to make yourself look like Brad Pitt, but then writing "I'm a twat" on your forehead.

Not really thought that argument through, but you know what I mean...maybe? :)

Its the crazy/beautiful looking cars that can get away with the bright colours, how many lambos do you see in exotic colours?

I dont think it spoils the car at all just adds to its road presence :)

I agree to some extent, bright colours look cool on sexy cars, but there are limits, and that green is just vile IMHO! But each to their own, black is obviously not a popular choice according to this thread, but it looks the best to me! Vive la difference or whatever the frogs say. :)

Dont get me wrong, I think Black looks amazing when clean as I said, its just difficult to keep that way :wacko:

Very true, I shall be giving mine its first ever clean at the weekend. Bit OT I know, but any particular tips on cleaning Exiges in general? I know how to do all the shiny bits (I'm a fan of Zymol), but any particlar things I should do? Sure I read somewhere about jetwashing underneath the car, although I could be talking cobblers of course!

Stealth Black every time :)

...though I was very tempted by the orange demo I drove (and it would have saved me a few k), but it was just to loud for me :wacko:

Also had a new rear pair of A048s fitted yesterday at NW, 4100miles including 2 trackdays at Bedford Autodrome :P

Mmm,

Don't think anyone could describe the exige as "subtle".

So I think it wears the wacky colours really well.

As has been said though, each to their own. Just don't think I'd get that same tingle down the spine as I open the garage door if my motor was say - old english white?

Know what I mean?

Dunc

The guys at NW read this thread with some amusement at the debate over colour, both Ian & John mentioned it today..... but just to follow up on my thread on "General", i have chosen Orange over black alloys in the end, touring pack and a/c as it it will be an every dayer for me.

I can therefore now declare, that Orange is the best colour... :P

Although beefcake was there to influence me...... :)

Archived