litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

S2 Exige Owners

Beardo

Don't forget that when positioning the lap straps with harnesses that you don't want them too high - otherwise they'll cut straight into your stomach in the event of an accident... so aim for the same area a std inertia belt would fit. You do then put the shoulder ones over and pull them as tight as you can - if you can move at all, they aren't on right. As stated above, they need to be where you'd want them in anaccident!!!

As for you folks, i dunno, i've done 16,000 miles in my Elise since October, and its got a f***ing loud exhaust on it, de cat - the works, and its difficult to get into, leaks etc... and you lot with the creature comforts moan - i dunno, whats the world coming too! :D

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well had the car for the evening...

The stage 2 exhaust is far to boomy at low revs for my liking, makes everything resonate. Fab after 6000 though but that is mostly intake noise - Only thing is it looks so much better than the excuse for a tail pipe that is standard. May have to try a stage one.

Acceleration is bloody good fun after 6k, really screams its way round the clock. Strange when your going slow it feels like your going faster than your are but when your at the top end of third and change to 4th and it goes off again it feels like your doing 80 and you look at the speedo and your doing 110!

Only question in my mind on whether to buy it as whether its worth the money, smiles per mile is better than anything else and I guess thats the point but compared to boxster/z4/soft sportscars/ it seems very expensive for a nicely styled wheelie bin with a bonkers engine in it.

Rich

As far as tail pipes go, I would say the Stage I is the best looking of the 3 pipes (standard, I and II). A lot quieter than Stage II as well.

I think the Exige is great value for money if what you are looking for is the best driving experience at that price. But you're totally right that there are more comfy cars with better toys at the same price - its all about whats most important to you, and there would be no shame in going for a more sensible option...

(you big jessy) :tup:

I have a stage 2 exhaust on my car and use it every day. It is a little on the noisy side but nothing that you don't get use to after a while. As said previously in this thread the standard one looks mighty dull by comparison, but it's all down to personal opinion.

By the way Scott, do you happen to know what tracks the stage 2 exhaust will struggle at to meet the noise restrictions mate????

By the way Scott, do you happen to know what tracks the stage 2 exhaust will struggle at to meet the noise restrictions mate????

I had the Quicksilver exhaust fitted and was black flagged at Bedford Autodrome, since it's similar in noise to the Stage 2 I guess you would have problems there.

Luckily I had the standard in a friends boot, so Sinclaires (Lotus on Track support)swapped it over for me, it does look and sound great though. (also it's for sale now :angry: until I can find something more bedford friendly)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived