litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Highest Mileage Exige Ever?

Reg

Whilst drive our Exige last week I noticed that the speedo needle didn't return to 0mph when I stopped, I read the hand book and on page 34 it tells you how to reset it (so I did)! All well & good or so I thought! Driving the car last night I noticed that somebody had been to the moon and back several times, as our odometre now reads 640770 :)

Slightly annoyed-Whitwick ;)

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does that reset the speedo needle as well ? Mine does not go all the way back to zero either ( same as regs by the sound of it ) It stops at about 10 mph. Sorry i should have made it clearer what i meant.

This is how to do it for an Exige S2, with the drivers door open, press & hold the trip reset button, turn ignition on (whilst still pressing the trip button) there will be a slight buzz and all will rerturn to normal! :lol:

Thanks Elaine, that appears to be the correct method for the S1 as well. The only trouble is mine Buzzs goes to 0 mph and then jumps back up to 5 mph. Still its better than it was. I will have to live with it for now. Ive had no trip to the moon either. Hope you sort yours soon. Martin.

Archived