litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

S2 Exige / 111r Mpg Figures

chris_h

Just calculated that since owning the S2 Exige i've got 30.62 as my average MPG.

That is since new till now, just over 12,000 miles. If anyone else has any accurate figures i'd be interested in hearing them.

I'm pretty happy at that. Not sure what people get from the K-series as a comparison aswell ??

Chris

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VVC does 250 miles for £27/8 on B roads for me.  always has done.

not sure what mpg that is.

30mpg sounds good for an exige - try harder !

I drive pretty hard on B roads (always keep it on the higher cam) but I also do quite a lot of miles on motorways so the MPG in 6th Gear will be very good.

On the assumption that the S2 Exige has an 8.8 gallon tank (40 litres) I get approx 29.52 MPG

The S2 Elise (K series 120BHP) I owned before gave me about 38MPG.

On one occasion in the Elise, I drove from home to Birmingham airport with the low petrol warning light on all the way - about 40 miles.

Not sure I'd do that in the Exige though !

Similar MPG to me then Halfpenny. Always like to check that i'm getting similar to other drivers/cars.

I did manage to get 35 miles on the fuel light the other week !! couldn't find a petrol station that was open. When I filled up I managed to fit 41 litres in, so the tank must have been completly empty plus the down pipe.

Well my average for the past 4,000 miles on road has been 27.9mpg, but my daily commute does not involve any motorway, plenty of traffic and roundabouts (once into Milton Keynes).

But I've done two days at bedford autodrome and averaged 15.8mpg ;) and now I need two rear A048's :drive:

Unfortunatly no track days for me so far :-(

Planning to do some over the summer. Was thinking about the Exiges.com one to croft, but not sure i want to do it with a load of other exiges or not. Might be a bit embarrissing if i'm loads slower than everyone else in the same car !!

Unfortunatly no track days for me so far  :-(

Planning to do some over the summer. Was thinking about the Exiges.com one to croft,  but not sure i want to do it with a load of other exiges or not.  Might be a bit embarrissing if i'm loads slower than everyone else in the same car !!

Know what you're saying there! I'm the same, never done a track day, but thats one of the reasons I bought the Exige. Maybe we should have a track day specially for beginners, less embarrasing that way. Although probably more dangerous! :drive:

Err wtf :cheers:

Never recorded that information myself so no idea, just drive it until it says refill. Never bought the car for its MPG figures ;)

Although sometimes the gauge does seem to say 19l one minute and refill the next, guessing when it will run out is half the fun!

Only had the figures as I was doing all my end of year figures for the car. The car is owned by my partnership then hired to the company so all petrol receipts and the relevant mileage has to go into excel. I have to work out the cost per mile so that i can pay for my personal miles.

So I didn't have to do any calculation. Don't worry i don't spend my evenings doing that stuff for fun, its a tax break !!

Archived