Zircon450

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bob

Steve should know!

Steve

Should Bob get an Esprit instead?

The only Esprit I have experievce of was the V8 which in itself was an awsome car.Although the interior was a bit dated (for a200 car) personally I think the car looked the dogs.

Only down side was electrically there always seemed to be gremlins.But if I were looking for another v8 from any marque, the 350 sport would be top of my list. As a Gt tourer I don't think there is much that would keep up with it. It isn,t ever going to be a cheap car to run but you are in the supercar league.

Like I say my experience is with the V8 and I was very impressed so with a warranty and a good dealer (like NW) I would recommend one without question. Comparatively it is true to say any of the earlier Tivs handle like a tea trolley and as the saying goes "power is nothing without control".

Steve

That was a quick decision Bob! On saturday it seemed like buying a TVR was just an 'idea' and you were all set to get the Elise on some sprints/hillclimbs - but you've gone and done the deed already!

Hope it goes well for you. As I said to you at the weekend, you only tend to hear the horror stories...

The Tivver deal is done and dusted.

Drove it today on dry and sunny roads, and a mildy moist track section (to quote Top Gear)

It's everything you would expect from a big V8 Buick/Rover.

Brakes great, accelerates great, use your bonce in corners, and the pipes the pipes are calling all the time.

Lovely.

Well chuffed.

Will run for 6k miles insurance per year, 1 service per year £400 at 6k miles,

can't fail. ;)

Fits like a glove, slow in fast out if you know what I mean :cheers:

Tighter than a virgins doofer at a gang bang.

I'm happy again.

Thanks for all your answers and comments, nice to have made so many virtual buddies, and some real life guys and gals on meets too.

Bob

Jono -

Obviously can't do the 1st Lotus day now unless we cover the Tivver in Lotus stickers and tell Walshy it's a New Aluminum S1 that grew in the rain ;)

Check my avatar (Beefy your a hero) re Scott's badger incident :cheers:

no worries mate....

did you mean...

sorry..obviously cant do the First Lotus day as it would result in my car breaking down if i push it too hard and it costing me the same price of a standard S1 to fix !!

just pulling your leg :cheers:

Ozzie Jon

I said chase me, chase me, but Andy Walsh will do his nut when the Tivver arrives on the Carlimits area at Le mans with an MLOC sunstrip in a SELOC promo.

Still, with the size of the Silver beasty, I probably need a ferry crossing and a field in France to park it.

Your turn .....

At the end of the day Bob - if you're happy thats the main thing ;)

As for why i'd have to buy an Esprit... there is just something about the shape, the look etc... but on a random look around last night, you can get Tamora's from £20k now :cheers:

Are we going to see some pics of the new beasty any time soon?????

And what about the name? You should at least change it to Tango300 (or what ever BHP they are!!)

:)

Make sure you keep posting on here!! If all goes well i may be tempted one day!!!

Archived